Repeatedly Execute During Blocking?

Started by SilverSpook, Fri 19/06/2015 11:18:24

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

I have an object animation script that happens in a room's "Repeatedly Execute" function.  I have other objects that need to move in a sequence at the same time.  (i.e.  Hand reach up, hand grab cigarette, hand lower with cigarette).  I'd like to do this using blocking since timing the events would be simpler.  The problem is if I use blocking during the movements, the other constantly moving object (a background) will stop moving.

I'm trying to use timers right now but it's tough to time the sequence of move events perfectly since I have so many of them.  Is there a way to move both objects in a tight sequence?

Snarky

Depending on how you animate the background, you might be able to move those commands to a repeatedly_execute_always() script. (IIRC, even though AGS doesn't provide it for you, you can place a function by that name in the room script and it will run automatically.) You can't run any blocking commands from the script, but you should be able to reposition the background, or manually change animation frames.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk