Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

This game is in full production.

MODS: Please note only one room...

Specs:
600 x 800
16 bit colour
DirectDraw

The Hobbit: Rise of the Dragon King is an adventure game in the form of a board game with themes based on Lord of the rings and The Hobbit.

A simple one cursor, one click actions. Both left and right click gives same actions.

This is a much shorter game then my usual offerings.

Storyline:
Gandalf the wizard seeks your help (Saruman has taken away Gandalf's magic) as Princess Mika Milovana of Dale has been abducted by Saruman the evil wizard.

Saruman has taken her to his Black Tower as a sacrifice for the Dragon King Smaug, who returns to Middle-earth every 50 years for a royal sacrificial offering, for which Saruman will gain control over all dragons throughout Middle-earth.

With just a few Crams and a bottle of spring water in your bag, along with nervous courage, you set off to rescue Princess Mika Milovana from the clutches of Saruman in the Black Tower.

Your quest is not an easy one for many allies of Saruman lurk throughout Middle-earth (Wargs, Trolls, Goblins etc).

Enemies will drive you back whilst friends will help you as much as they can.

During your journey there are fairy cards, dragon cards and help or hinder cards. Each will determine your progress in the game. Along the way you may be given charms that will help you defeat Saruman, such as a ring of invisibility.

If you make it to the Black Tower can you summon all you courage to defeat Saruman and return with Princess Mika Milovana of Dale?

Input you own Hobbit Name into the game:

Expect: September 2015.

AnasAbdin

Frodo

A hobbit game???

WONDEFUL!!!  :grin:

Can't wait to play it!  :grin:

Stupot

I'm pretty sure Slasher is actually a team devs working under one banner.
Or not. This looks like a lot of fun, either way.
Good luck mate.

Mandle

Looks awesome mate! Can't wait to play!

Just one thing though: I think that using the Harry Potter font in a Middle Earth game is not going to be popular with fans of either genres.

Slasher

Aghhhhh that's where i've seen it before.. Ok... now have Rings font (nod)

cheers ;)

*UPDATE New Top Window:

Mandle

Hahahaha....yep...that looks like the one true font!

Cassiebsg

Good luck with the game Slasher... you put out game like there's no tomorrow! (laugh)

Admit it, you just want us "eternally procrastinating" people to feel bad for not producing even an ounce of what you do! (laugh)(roll)

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 24/06/2015 17:53:48
Admit it, you just want us "eternally procrastinating" people to feel bad for not producing even an ounce of what you do! (laugh)(roll)

That's not even the half of it...The dude has a full-length game finished and playable through from start to finish but won't release it. I speak of "Desecration"...

Nudge-nudge,wink-wink Slasher...

Slasher

Game progress: 80%

Updated First Post with updated screenshots...

Khris

Sorry, just a quick question, why do you keep adding width=700 to all those images? I have my browser set to nearest neighbor scaling and the images all look awful thanks to that.

Slasher

Hiya Khris,

I suppose it depends how people have there computer/browser set. if i use the images actual width of 800 it creates a small x scroll and really tight images. larger images get a really big x scroll. On my setup they look fine.

Of course if you think it best to leave the width out.....? meanwhile, my browser (chrome) is zoomed at 100...

cheers ;)

Mandle

Yay! I can read what it says on the cards now without having to guess! And the board looks awesome now that my browser is not skipping pixel rows anymore!

AprilSkies

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Slasher

As per a PM request to change board font colour:

QuoteA Hobbit game?
Well, someone had to (laugh)

Slasher

Cassiebsg

Jesus, you'll get this one out before I'm finished sneezing! (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Frodo

Mandle

Quote from: Frodo on Tue 30/06/2015 21:22:59
Quote from: slasher on Tue 30/06/2015 16:55:14

This boardgame is now being tested...

Need any more testers?  :cheesy:

SPOILER:
Spoiler
You're in the game already...kinda...
[close]

Slasher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk