Author Topic: The Knobbly Crook: Full Game (Chapters I-III) - Now in Beta  (Read 23919 times)

Bavolis

• Just past the Gnarled Scar.
    • Bavolis worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: The Knobbly Crook: Full Game (Chapters I-III) - Now in Beta
« Reply #140 on: 02 May 2018, 12:26 »
The nitpicking is great! Thank you! I'm adding these to my bug sheet. The only one that's not a bug is the paper machemallow, because it's a play on "paper mache." I'm not sure if the font I'm using can do the proper accent to make it feel even more intentional, but I'll check!

Interesting where you're stuck, too - I could probably put a subtle hint in there that would make things a little more clear.

Wiggy

• From the tropical north Queensland
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
« Reply #141 on: 02 May 2018, 14:13 »
Hi!

Finished the beta 960/960. What a great game! Re: my last post (no spoilers here), the LOAD game bug is only in chapter 2. In episode 3 it is operations normal. You might want to standardise the nomenclature - either chapter or episode, 'coz at the moment it's chapters 1&2 and episode 3. No new bugs discovered at all, but the aforementioned other ones still exist in episode 3. You know, I didn't even think of mache being a pun - it's very good, must have had my thinking cap on too tightly. It took about 12 hours of gameplay, but that includes tea breaks, lunch, making notes, drawing logic trees etc. Puzzles were really good, and where I did trip over my own logic, I was able to backtrack and pick up missed snippets. Their non-linear nature also meant that I could progress in other areas. I did not use a walkthrough but I had played chapter 1 before, when you first released it. Congrats, and thanks for the entertainment. I look forward to the ending(s), particularly bearing in mind that the game start is a confession to the torturer, and the game is a recollection. Bonne chance mon ami!

Bavolis

« Reply #142 on: 02 May 2018, 23:07 »
Or I could change one of the three Chapters/Episodes to "Section" just to be even more confusing! I was worried the game was going to be too short, but it sounds like it delivers more than a couple of hours of gameplay, which is fantastic. Thanks for the followup notes - I've got a bunch of bugs compiled for me to fix tonight.

The Paincutioner stuff will be addressed in the ending, and in a spectacular way. It's currently all in my head, but I have big plans.

« Reply #143 on: 02 May 2018, 23:22 »
Just wanted to chime in and say the dialogue in this game is some of the funniest stuff I've ever encountered in a point-and-click adventure. I've laughed out loud multiple times, and I'm only partly through the second episode. Well done!

Bavolis

« Reply #144 on: 03 May 2018, 00:01 »
Just wanted to chime in and say the dialogue in this game is some of the funniest stuff I've ever encountered in a point-and-click adventure. I've laughed out loud multiple times, and I'm only partly through the second episode. Well done!

That's great to hear! Thank you :)

Bavolis

« Reply #145 on: 05 May 2018, 16:19 »
Nothing too exciting here, but I reworked the icons based on beta feedback. I think having hand icons for take and use was a misstep and this should help.

Bavolis

« Reply #146 on: 11 May 2018, 03:36 »
Behold... the Snips!

Bavolis

« Reply #147 on: 14 May 2018, 03:50 »
If you've done some testing for me, please PM me the full name you'd like in the credits! Otherwise, I'll be using just your forum name. Thanks!

« Reply #148 on: 14 May 2018, 23:44 »
Behold... the Snips!
Wow, that guy looks scary! Is he going to be a boss fight? :)

Bavolis

« Reply #149 on: 14 May 2018, 23:50 »
He's the Knobbly Crook's Namer... you hand him something interesting, he names you after it. For example, if I handed him a pickle, he'd name me "Ethan the Pickle." They're not a super-complex species. He's definitely not your friend, but he's not a boss fight.