The Knobbly Crook: Full Game (FINISHED)

Started by Bavolis, Fri 26/06/2015 03:06:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Bavolis

The nitpicking is great! Thank you! I'm adding these to my bug sheet. The only one that's not a bug is the paper machemallow, because it's a play on "paper mache." I'm not sure if the font I'm using can do the proper accent to make it feel even more intentional, but I'll check!

Interesting where you're stuck, too - I could probably put a subtle hint in there that would make things a little more clear.

Wiggy

Hi!

Finished the beta 960/960. What a great game! Re: my last post (no spoilers here), the LOAD game bug is only in chapter 2. In episode 3 it is operations normal. You might want to standardise the nomenclature - either chapter or episode, 'coz at the moment it's chapters 1&2 and episode 3. No new bugs discovered at all, but the aforementioned other ones still exist in episode 3. You know, I didn't even think of mache being a pun - it's very good, must have had my thinking cap on too tightly. It took about 12 hours of gameplay, but that includes tea breaks, lunch, making notes, drawing logic trees etc. Puzzles were really good, and where I did trip over my own logic, I was able to backtrack and pick up missed snippets. Their non-linear nature also meant that I could progress in other areas. I did not use a walkthrough but I had played chapter 1 before, when you first released it. Congrats, and thanks for the entertainment. I look forward to the ending(s), particularly bearing in mind that the game start is a confession to the torturer, and the game is a recollection. Bonne chance mon ami!

Bavolis

Or I could change one of the three Chapters/Episodes to "Section" just to be even more confusing! I was worried the game was going to be too short, but it sounds like it delivers more than a couple of hours of gameplay, which is fantastic. Thanks for the followup notes - I've got a bunch of bugs compiled for me to fix tonight.

The Paincutioner stuff will be addressed in the ending, and in a spectacular way. It's currently all in my head, but I have big plans.

Durq

Just wanted to chime in and say the dialogue in this game is some of the funniest stuff I've ever encountered in a point-and-click adventure. I've laughed out loud multiple times, and I'm only partly through the second episode. Well done!

Bavolis

Quote from: Durq on Wed 02/05/2018 23:22:04
Just wanted to chime in and say the dialogue in this game is some of the funniest stuff I've ever encountered in a point-and-click adventure. I've laughed out loud multiple times, and I'm only partly through the second episode. Well done!

That's great to hear! Thank you :)

Bavolis

Nothing too exciting here, but I reworked the icons based on beta feedback. I think having hand icons for take and use was a misstep and this should help.

Bavolis

Bavolis

If you've done some testing for me, please PM me the full name you'd like in the credits! Otherwise, I'll be using just your forum name. Thanks!

Blondbraid

Bavolis

He's the Knobbly Crook's Namer... you hand him something interesting, he names you after it. For example, if I handed him a pickle, he'd name me "Ethan the Pickle." They're not a super-complex species. He's definitely not your friend, but he's not a boss fight.

AliWinchester

I just finished playing the first chapter, and I have to say I LOVED it. I know other people have probably been waiting since 2015 for the next one to come out, but I have to ask: will the next chapter be released on steam? If so, when? (if not, where can I find it? I love this game so much, it's gorgeous and funny!)

Durq

Quote from: AliWinchester on Sun 01/07/2018 19:47:38
I just finished playing the first chapter, and I have to say I LOVED it. I know other people have probably been waiting since 2015 for the next one to come out, but I have to ask: will the next chapter be released on steam? If so, when? (if not, where can I find it? I love this game so much, it's gorgeous and funny!)

Bavolis was asking for testers for the next chapters here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=56022.0

I think they are still available.

Bavolis

Whoops! I lost track of this thread and didn't realize there had been more feedback. Glad to hear you're enjoying it, and I have good news! The full game will be released (100% free) in about a month. I only have the sound and music pass left to do. The whole game is playable start to finish and if you're interested, I've just released a Beta v2.0 (make sure you're downloading the v2.0 .zip file and not the main game). Anybody's welcome to test it and I'll add you to the credits if you report back to me.

Mandle

Gotta as play as soon possible have before stroke have I a.

Bavolis

Just a small development update... The Knobbly Crook should be released within the week! Thanks everyone for all the help and support over the years, this is an amazing community. I'm very likely to start my next game in AGS, mostly because I know you folks are here to help make it happen.

Durq

Quote from: Bavolis on Sun 02/12/2018 15:22:47
Just a small development update... The Knobbly Crook should be released within the week! Thanks everyone for all the help and support over the years, this is an amazing community. I'm very likely to start my next game in AGS, mostly because I know you folks are here to help make it happen.

Great to hear!

And I'll be excited to see what your next game is. Do you have something in mind already?

Mandle

Quote from: Bavolis on Sun 02/12/2018 15:22:47

Amazing news! I need to play the game just to marvel over how long a single pixel in the richly detailed backgrounds took to make!

Bavolis

Quote from: Durq on Sun 02/12/2018 15:35:31
Do you have something in mind already?

I may try to make the scariest point-and-click I can... I need a break from the silly. I have a couple of horror short stories that would adapt well. I also want to play with a more painted art style to speed up the process, so my next couple of weeks will be doodling in different art programs to see what I can do. If they don't look good, I'll go back to the old ways. :)

Bavolis

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 02/12/2018 15:56:58
Amazing news! I need to play the game just to marvel over how long a single pixel in the richly detailed backgrounds took to make!

Way too long! ;)

Durq

Quote from: Bavolis on Sun 02/12/2018 16:05:36
Quote from: Durq on Sun 02/12/2018 15:35:31
Do you have something in mind already?

I may try to make the scariest point-and-click I can... I need a break from the silly. I have a couple of horror short stories that would adapt well. I also want to play with a more painted art style to speed up the process, so my next couple of weeks will be doodling in different art programs to see what I can do. If they don't look good, I'll go back to the old ways. :)

Sounds great. Are those short stories published anywhere? I'd be interested in reading them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk