Greenbackâ„¢ - The Series [UPDATED 1.0.6]

Started by Priabudiman, Fri 03/07/2015 18:11:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Priabudiman

Editor's Note :
So sad to inform you that i don't have any files left on my old WIP called "Thrive - Project" because of a unwanted accident. So now, sadly i have to take everything about that WIP from the Net including the demo and screenshot. Instead of trying endlessly to recover the lost files, I've decided to move forward with another fresh project (well, not so fresh actually).

About the Project

I started on this project in 2002 as a practice project. I developed this game using complex User Interfaces, Hand drawn detail cartoon graphics, full animations. And finally It took a lot of my time and I was forced to leave it unfinished. Time goes on, and thankfully, after years, I've been able to recover the original concept arts, story lines, and almost everything back! except for the old game master files. So now I'm trying to rework on it with a brand new approach, more simpler graphics, simple interfaces and hopefully pushing it harder on the story lines to make the game more easy and simple to enjoy.

About the Game

The name of the Game is Greenback. A Classic Point and Click Game following the story of one Hugo Greenback, the grandson of a late and renowned explorer Sir Richard Greenback. This episodic game, will take you travel and go on an Adventure with Hugo, and meet amazing people, searching for treasures, visit exotic places, from the top of a luxury dining place to the depth of a catacombs, the excitements and mysteries are yours!

Next, are the Screenshots and some Artworks from the game (Will be updated periodically when there's changes or new entries)

"Title"

"WIP Rooms"

"Idle, Talk, Walk, and Interact"

"Some Random Images / Concepts from the Game"

Progress Reports

These are periodic stats report on the developing progress based on finished percentages, if you need more information, feel free to let me know!

Greenback - Episode 1

Main
Story Lines : 100%
Characters and Animations : 65%
Background Arts : 90%
Coding and Developing : 75% (This one definitely going to take a while XD)

Extras
Music: Underway
SFX: 60%
Voice Acting: 0%
Testing: 90%

Note : I will actively update the progress here from time to time, no matter how small, it will not missed the updates.

You can also follow the progress of the game in these Links :

Download the Demo now!

Darth Mandarb

Please review the forum rules and update your post as needed (2 screenshots).  Thanks.

Priabudiman

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Fri 03/07/2015 18:24:33
Please review the forum rules and update your post as needed (2 screenshots).  Thanks.

thank you for the reminder DM! sorry i musth have missed that, edited..

selmiak

well, it is very early on, not much to say here. Maybe some more frames for the character...

Priabudiman

Greenback - Episode 1
Dev Notes

20/03/2016 - V : 1.0.6

• Added Splash Screen and Main Menu.
  • Added Starting Narration.
  • Added New Chapter Image.
  • Change some Inventory Item Properties and Descriptions.
16/03/2016 - V : 1.0.3

• Thanks to Michael2968 I have Fixed the Book Puzzle (hint hint!).
  • Repaired some Hotspots for functionality and added some more!
  • Some Grammar Fixes (lol guys help me out with this one, my Engrish is terribre).
08/03/2016 - V : 1.0.3

• Alpha Demo Compiled and Available to Download Here.
  • Couple of gameplay fixes.

17/11/2015 - V : 1.0.3

• Added more interactions.
  • Official demo music added.
  • Fixed a lot of Grammar Errors. (With a lot of help from @KConan)
  • Switched some graphics into better quality.

04/11/2015 - V : 1.0.2a (Exe File available to Download)

• all Initial Puzzles are Finished.
  • Most of the necessary sprites and objects are now implemented.
  • Fixed some really annoying bug that keep appearing.
  • Build the Executable Files.

27/10/2015 - V : 1.0.1

• Remodel and Rearrange the Speech/Text display positions.
  • Customized the Dialogue Frame.
  • More Interactive Objects are added all over the place!.
  • Added 1 more room for test/working demo.
  • Added Lighting System.
  • Completed the Clues needed for the Puzzle.

22/10/2015 - V : 1.0.0

• Finished with basic animations for main Characters
  • Finished with 2 Room Backgrounds
  • Added 2 Sound Effects
  • Idle Animation should be working fine now.

Priabudiman

27/10/15
I've been playing with this idea of a smarter vision, and i'm liking it so far! Not sure if it matters though, I just having some great fun doing this.

Lights On = You can see the hotspots, Lights Off = Well, it's dark..

20/10/15
Note : Updating the WIP with another title because of some misfortune happened with my files. Please refer to the Start of the Post.

Stupot

Looks great. Sorry about your old WIP. Don't forget to back up :-)

Priabudiman

@Stupot+
Thank you so much, and yes.. to all of you friends, Don't forget to back up! save yourself from regrets!

@Eggie
Thank you, I'm glad you like it, hopefully ill post some new screenies soon, so please check back! :-D

kconan

Cool!  Hey did I do some test voices for this years ago?  I recall a gruff bartender?

Priabudiman

Quote from: kconan on Tue 20/10/2015 14:58:26
Cool!  Hey did I do some test voices for this years ago?  I recall a gruff bartender?

Indeed! its been ages! what do you think of the visual representation now? kinda have to make this as minimal as possible so it wont take a lot of time to develop!

kconan

Quote from: Priabudiman on Tue 20/10/2015 15:26:28
Indeed! its been ages! what do you think of the visual representation now? kinda have to make this as minimal as possible so it wont take a lot of time to develop!

Yea man, eons and ages.  I had wondered whatever happened to your project, and I'm glad to see it here In Production!  I only vaguely recall the living room and bar scene graphics from your old build and so I can't really compare from memory; regardless the hallway/room looks really good and so does the shooting animation.

Priabudiman

Quote from: kconan on Tue 20/10/2015 16:26:06
Yea man, eons and ages.  I had wondered whatever happened to your project, and I'm glad to see it here In Production!  I only vaguely recall the living room and bar scene graphics from your old build and so I can't really compare from memory; regardless the hallway/room looks really good and so does the shooting animation.

I've lost em all.. like everything, only able to found the scraps of preplan notes and concept arts, even had to remake the whole story for this one. Hopefully you can help again later when the game is in playable state!

kconan

Quote from: Priabudiman on Tue 20/10/2015 16:32:45
Hopefully you can help again later when the game is in playable state!

I'm in.  Voices, beta-testing, and/or whatever I can help with.

CrashPL

I already saw (and followed) the project on IndieDB (via AGS updates page), as it looks very promising - good luck with the development! :)

Blondbraid

I love the premise and while placeholders, the art style looks promising!

Priabudiman

@CrashPL : Thank you so much! and IndieDB can do that? wow.. i wish i know that, tell me how to do that pls? dont want to miss the updates from other AGSers!

@Blondbraid : Thank you.. Thank you.. hope i can come up with better premises in the future!

CrashPL

Quote from: Priabudiman on Wed 21/10/2015 16:00:14
@CrashPL : Thank you so much! and IndieDB can do that? wow.. i wish i know that, tell me how to do that pls? dont want to miss the updates from other AGSers!

(hope nobody will mind this little offtopic!) While on the game's IDB site, there's a "Profile" box on the right. Simply click the "Track this game" button in the "Game Watch" section. ;)

Priabudiman

Quote from: CrashPL on Wed 21/10/2015 16:03:31
Simply click the "Track this game" button in the "Game Watch" section. ;)

Thank you so much friend!

Priabudiman

ANNOUNCEMENT

Greenbackâ,,¢ - The Series . V 1.0.2 Alpha

The latest Alpha build for playtesting and Demo are now available. If you want to help improve the game by playtesting and sending feedbacks, comments, and suggestions. Please, feel free to send me a PM. Or a DM to my Twitter @apriabudiman.

I will then send you the link to the Game File where you can download and playtest it right away.

Thank you so much for the help so far! :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk