help dealing with views. they seem extremely static and i dont like it.

Started by ollj, Fri 10/07/2015 15:43:39

Previous topic - Next topic

ollj

i may possibly miss a function or struct to do this:

- i want to create or remove characters via script (i think that's possible, but pointless if views are as static as i think they are)
- i want to create or remove a view via script, to be addressed similar to a DynamicSprite*
- i want to be able to add or remove an animation from a view via script.
- i want to be able to add or remove a frame from a view via script.

sadly a lot of view-parameters are read-only and so far i can only change the sprite of a views animations frame.

so, unless i am missing something, my resort is to make views that only have 1 frame and 1 animation, and to "repeatedly execute" 40 frames per second for each visible character, calculate and memorie in custom made structs, what sprite to load in that one frame.
i would like do do that, giving me more creative control over animating, and the maths and cases and array-pointers are not THAT complex, but is there not a better solution to change views via script to make them more dynamic?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: ollj on Fri 10/07/2015 15:43:39
- i want to create or remove characters via script
- i want to create or remove a view via script, to be addressed similar to a DynamicSprite*
- i want to be able to add or remove an animation from a view via script.
- i want to be able to add or remove a frame from a view via script.
AGS currently does not support creating or destroying game objects at runtime, except for a very few types (e.g. DynamicSprite and Overlay).
The only workaround I know is to manually script animations.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk