Custom Icon problem

Started by Two Tales, Fri 17/07/2015 14:26:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Tales

I'm totally stumped with adding a custom icon to my games.
I've followed the manual and read previous posts with similar subjects and nothing seems to work.
I've tried creating different icons with many different online icon editors/creators/converters. I've named these icons user.ico, USER.ICO, user and USER and placed them in the game's folder. But when I open the games in the editor and save them absolutely nothing happens. It always remains as a blue cup. I've checked the blue cup in windowed mode and tried compiling the project. There is always still a blue cup.
I've made sure they are 32x32. I'm using AGS 3.3 on windows 7.
Any ideas?

Edit: I've also tried setup.ico that is not doing anything either.

Khris

I tested it and found that the first compile always resulted in an error
Spoiler
Unable to set EXE name/description: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
[close]
but the next one would work.
I tried this icon: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/995571/user.ico
Capitalization didn't matter.

One thing you should check is whether the file is actually named "user.ico" and not something like "user.ico.ico".
In the Windows folder settings, uncheck "hide extensions for known file names".

Two Tales

Khris:

I tried the same icon that you tested, saved and compiled the project and it worked!
I then replaced the icon with the one I was trying to use, saved and compiled again and now mine works.
I'm still confused as to why any icon I tried before that didn't work but at least it is working now.

Confused but grateful, thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk