bYTE

Started by Rekkimaru, Mon 20/07/2015 20:45:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Rekkimaru

ChipTank is proud to present:

Story :
bYTE is an isometric adventure game, which tells a story of a private detective, named Byte, which specializes in solving unusual cases.
Thanks to his extraordinary skills (or rather extraordinary gadgets created by his inventive friend) bYTE is able to solve almost any case which has given him quite the reputation.
Upon arriving at the clients mansion, the client reveals that his precious trophy is missing.
Byte jumps right into action trying to find the thief and retrevie the stolen trophy.

This is the first of few episodes that I'm creating. Each one telling a different story and a different case to solve.

Screenshots of the game :

Music tracks from the game :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtWA_3-B8p4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXAOCFHpmhQ

Story: 100%
Graphics: 70%
Scripting: 50%
Music/sound: 60%

Estimated completion date: first half of 2017.

selmiak

Cool! I can somehow relate to that main character very much. Looking crisp and tasty! Keep it up!
That grandfather clock looks so possessed by sauron it keeps watching me all the time...

Stupot

Looks nice. Best of luck :-)

AnasAbdin

Looks awesome Rekkimaru :) Looking forward this one.
I demand an AGS GAMEBOY port (laugh)

AprilSkies

Oh!!! Super-Cool!!!!
YEAH you succesfully ported to GameBoy!
That's amazing

www.apemarina.altervista.org

LostTrainDude

I KNEW that the Gameboy palette would fit nicely into an adventure game :D
Great to see that isometric style is having its comeback!

Bring it on Rekkimaru!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

CaptainD

You had me at "isometric adventure game"!  :grin:  Looks awesome.

Midian Design

Cassiebsg

Interesting story and I love isometric!
Good luck, it's looking great already. :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Myshkin

Wow, that colour scheme alone is just instant childhood nostalgia! I never owned a Gameboy but I remember borrowing a friend's one at school and it was just the most amazing thing. That must be... 25 years ago? 8-0
Anyway looks great, good luck with it!

Rekkimaru

Back.
Well it's been a very long time. I know. But my life has gotten to the point that i just didn't have the time to work on any of my projects.
So, after many issues (which i will not discuss here) i'm finally back to normal life. Which also means i can get back to my game.
First thing i did was to rewrite the whole script ('cause it was pretty bad looking back at it  (roll) ).
Second -  i've gotten rid of the game boy palette gimmick, as i wanted to do a more colourfull game but still contained in a limited colour palette.
And third - of course i'm working really hard to release the game as soon as possible but also as good as possible.
I'm very sorry for the massive delay. I wish i could help it. I will be posting more updates soon. Glad to be back here guys!

P.S. Here are some of the tracks from the game :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtWA_3-B8p4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXAOCFHpmhQ

CaptainD

Reminds me of some of the early 16-bit isometric games.  Absolutely awesome, love the new look (and glad you've managed to get whatever issues you had sorted enough to return to game making  :)

Darth Mandarb

Welcome back!

New screens look great.

Please update the first post with these new screenshots so that it better represents the current state of the game!

Danvzare

Welcome back Rekkimaru! :-D

Those new screenshots look incredible. I think the new colours really add a lot. It kind of looks like you've just ported the whole game to a better console. (laugh)

Rekkimaru

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Mon 13/02/2017 19:52:41
Welcome back!

New screens look great.

Please update the first post with these new screenshots so that it better represents the current state of the game!

Thank you :) And done  :)

Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 13/02/2017 20:37:09
Welcome back Rekkimaru! :-D

Those new screenshots look incredible. I think the new colours really add a lot. It kind of looks like you've just ported the whole game to a better console. (laugh)

Well, my Amiga childhood is speaking through my soul  (laugh)
I guess that's why i'm using max 32-color palette and 4-channel tracker modules for music.

Danvzare

Quote from: Rekkimaru on Mon 13/02/2017 20:48:14
Well, my Amiga childhood is speaking through my soul  (laugh)
I guess that's why i'm using max 32-color palette and 4-channel tracker modules for music.
Tracker modules are way too underappreciated. Glad to hear you're using them. 8-)
Although I think that may be my Amiga childhood speaking as well. (laugh)
Now if only tracker modules were natively supported on AGS.

Rekkimaru

Aren't they? Cause i'm using MOD files and they work just fine.

Nixxon

Wow, this looks super promising. Man, I'm kind of torn as I really liked the original game-boy palette.

The color version is certainly more 'Palatable" you could say. :)

Looks great, best of luck.

CrashPL

I've been using some MOD files in 3.3 as well, and had no problems.

Anyway, been really interested about this game, after reading some news on a certain Polish site. Boy, am I glad it's still going strong. ;) Best of luck with the production!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 13/02/2017 21:15:36
Now if only tracker modules were natively supported on AGS.
it, xm, s3m and mod files are supposed to work.

Danvzare

Quote from: Rekkimaru on Mon 13/02/2017 21:50:28
Aren't they? Cause i'm using MOD files and they work just fine.
Quote from: CrashPL on Tue 14/02/2017 11:37:32
I've been using some MOD files in 3.3 as well, and had no problems.
Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 14/02/2017 12:06:34
it, xm, s3m and mod files are supposed to work.
Wait, seriously? They're supported!
How did I not know this! 8-0

Now I'm really happy. :-D

Rekkimaru

Here's another re-colored location from the game.

KiraHaraReturns

niccccce, I appreciate the pixel accuracy

Rekkimaru

Some other locations from the game. WIP.

Cassiebsg

Lovely, and love the WIP gifs! (nod)

Keep up the great work!

Danvzare

Such beautiful artwork.
And I love seeing those WIP gifs. :grin:

Rekkimaru

So... It has been a long time since i posted anything here. Mostly because my became so chaotic there was really no time for me to work on any game. The little time i had left i dedicated into making music. So it took a couple of years 'till my life had been stabilized and now i can honestly say that i just got back into this project full on.
I am determined to finish this game as soon as i can. I have a lot of work ahead of me, mostly with reimagining some of the locations and graphics that i didn't like that much, and a lot of coding left to do. But now i can update you on the progress more regularly.
Also... I'm very glad to be back here.

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/j8O85mZ.png[/imgzoom]

Jack

Cassiebsg

Nice to see new progress on this. Wb :)

Jojo_the_monkey

Hey, I remember this game!!! :) It's nice to see that you are still active on the development.
By the way, I listened to your music tracks for the game and they are very sophisticated and catchy.
I should have listened to my mother---I should have practised.

Rekkimaru

Thank you  :) There are more tracks to come, and the old ones will be also updated for a better sound.

kconan

This looks cool, I'm glad you picked it back up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk