To fish or not to fish, that is the question...

Started by Slasher, Mon 27/07/2015 09:11:38

Previous topic - Next topic

AnasAbdin

Slasher

Hi,

Having considered the majority of opinions on fishing i am pushing ahead with "Go Fishing" and it is now in production...

Retro Wolf

I very nearly made a fishing game for a MAGs last year, I only got as far as drawing these sprites.
The idea was you'd start stealing fish from your neighbour's pond, eventually working your way to the sea when you could afford a boat.
You also had to catch the fish that killed your father!

[imgzoom]http://s8.postimg.org/441lshf05/boat.png[/imgzoom]

Danvzare

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Thu 31/03/2016 14:29:21
I very nearly made a fishing game for a MAGs last year, I only got as far as drawing these sprites.
The idea was you'd start stealing fish from your neighbour's pond, eventually working your way to the sea when you could afford a boat.
You also had to catch the fish that killed your father!

That actually sounds like it would have been a very entertaining and funny game. Why didn't you go ahead with it?

Retro Wolf

Time and motivation Danvzare. Last year was a really bad one for that.

Slasher

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Thu 31/03/2016 16:47:34
Time and motivation Danvzare. Last year was a really bad one for that.
I expect that could happen to me one year..

Whilst animal suffering appalls me (fish included) in the real world one has to take the fact that most fisherman (coarse fishermen) handle the fish with care and respect and always try to return then unhurt.. a brief moment of distress for the fish is no doubt true.

I intend to stress this point when you catch and return fish 'unharmed' within the game and also credit: "No fish were harmed in the making of this game." (laugh)

Retro Wolf:  you had a good idea there (nod)

There is a monster fish at each venue (3) that you could catch with the right gear and at the right time..

I  think that with all this in mind a fishing game can be enjoyable if it follows a few basic rules and shows an actual respect.

slasher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk