The Jimi Hendrix Case (MAGS - July, 2015)

Started by Gurok, Sat 01/08/2015 04:05:52

Previous topic - Next topic

HanaIndiana

Mandle

Just finished the game right now...Absolutely loved it!!!

Lot's of love and effort obviously went in (with some thanks to Red Bull I hear... (laugh) )

MiteWiseacreLives!

Reeeal smoooooth man!  :-D
Gotta cold 1386 points! After reading this thread I think I know how to get more...
Spoiler
Shoot more stuff!
[close]
I had a blast playing this game, felt like a full adventure  (nod)
Spoiler
Although the ending had me thinking I had blew it again! Maybe some kind of queue to let us know it's inevitable?
[close]
Also if your reworking it, Gurok...
Spoiler
I had the same issue when trying to use the badge in the Fish Market gun fight, he would shuffle up to the perp and say something unrelated to the situation  (laugh)
[close]
Spoiler
Once everyone was dead, I tried to examine the crates or use the scale on stuff and he kept talking about people watching him.. dead people watching  ??? (laugh)
[close]
Thanks for the [Jimi Hendrix] experience!

Michael Davis

indiegamehunt

Awesome game! Hey Gurok, would you put this up on Game Jolt?

MiteWiseacreLives!

1039 Downloads!!
Holy crumb, Man! Are you guys doing some serious marketing someplace or is this game a total self-driven sensation?

Gurok

Thanks for the encouraging words, Mandle, MiteWiseacreLives! and iamMichaelDavis. And HanaIndiana, it's so succinct and so true! :D

@chaosgodkarl: We're very aware of that bug now, but I think you were the first to report it. That will be one of the issues we address in the second release.

@MiteWiseacreLives!: We er... wish we could explain the popularity. No, we haven't done any marketing! The game's been picked up by a number of high profile blogs. Specifically:

Vice: Motherboard
Kill Screen Daily
and now Destructoid
as well as loads of other independent blogs. Bulbapuck also did a fantastic let's play for us.

I was also interviewed by a music magazine in England this week. Frankly, we're a bit freaked out, but also really excited by the attention it's getting.

Thanks for the suggestion, IndieGameHunt. It's now available on GameJolt too: http://gamejolt.com/games/the-jimi-hendrix-case/87137
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

SilverSpook

Awesome job, Gurok and crew!

So good, I just had to do my own Let's Play of The Jimi Hendrix Case. 

[embed=960,720]http://youtu.be/1lErjsZ-QI0[/embed]

Stupot

Guess what is also currently on Gamejolt's featured games.

:-)

MiteWiseacreLives!

The talent is all there at one of those rare moments when pop culture aligns itself with quality.

AprilSkies

I'm very happy of the attention this game is getting out of here, guys!

I already told you you did a wonderful job, mate and this confirm it!

and NAO kate and shelly!!!!!

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Yzzyxz

What a great little game - really enjoyed it. I managed a final score of 1620. I'll try and post a playthrough of this on youtube soon.

Gurok

Well, the attention's died down now, but Catpunter and I took some time this month to update the Jimi Hendrix Case. The new version is available from the link on the first page. Thanks to everyone who played and/or let's played the game, especially SilverSpook. I really enjoyed your let's play and all of the let's plays helped us identify problems in the first release. Thanks also to MiteWiseacreLives!, Stupot, AprilSkies and Yzzyxz for the lovely comments. I never found your playthrough, Yzzyxz, but still looking forward to it. Full release notes are in the spoiler below (common requests highlighted in bold):

Spoiler
o Score is now labelled Exp.
o Comparing the fish scales to the crates in the fish market gave points but an
   incorrect message. The game will no longer say you're being watched when the
   fish market is clear

o After clearing the fish market, the correct cursor is now shown when
   attempting to exit
o Showing one of the fishmonger's assistants your badge during the gunfight
   will no longer cause Detective Jimi to hobble over and engage in conversation

o If Detective Jimi dies for whatever reason, the game will now allow you to
   retry. Play will resume at the most recent point in time before death

o Deselecting the gun during a gunfight will now return Detective Jimi to the
   cover pose. Previously, he would remain with his gun drawn if the cursor was
   above the inventory
o The morgue door is now shown as an interactive close-up
o You no longer need to guess the morgue code before the other officers will
   help you with it. Seeing the close-up of the code panel is enough

o You can now take a screenshot at any time by pressing F12. Previously, this
   only worked outside of cutscenes
o You can now use standard editing keys (Home, End, Left, Right, Ctrl+Left,
   Ctrl+Right, Insert and Delete) to edit text in the save game name textbox
o Previously missing portraits have been added (police chief, coroner,
   prostitute and receptionist)

o The police chief will now respond accordingly when you're looking for the
   morgue code
o You can now exit the hideout and go back to the crime scene
o There are new animations for Detective Jimi lighting a cigarette, fainting,
   dying and interacting with the fishmonger
o The fishmonger, his assistants and the young gang at the crime scene all have
   new walk cycles, shooting animations and death animations
o There is a new animation for one of the cops vomiting by the dumpster
o There is now an animation when you shoot the boss' lamp at the police station
[close]

Also, thanks to BSP for testing again with this round.

Here's the link to the updated version (also available on the first page, via the AGS game page):

Download

Mandle

As a huge fan of the original version I cannot wait to play it through again fully updated, with a few of the rough edges rounded off...

sthomannch

Played the first version. I cannot download the new version, Google drive keeps on sending error messages

sbnewsom

Wow! So I finally had time to give the game a try. It definitely kept my attention and had me laughing throughout. Now I can't wait for "Season 2". :P Man, you're really inspiring me to jump in on MAGS for January.

PS: The google download worked fine for me, no issues.

sthomannch

Now the download worked also for me. Well done! I appreciate the retry option in the shooting scene and also the additional portraits. Looking forward to Season 2.

Gurok

Sorry for the late reply, sthomannch. Glad to hear you got it working. If anyone else is having trouble with the AGS (Google drive hosted) link, you can try this one here, at GameJolt:

http://gamejolt.com/games/the-jimi-hendrix-case/87137/download/build/284260

Also, glad to hear you liked it, sbnewsom! We'll get to Season 2 one day... :D

And Mandle, we'd planned to round off even more edges, but I made use try to meet a deadline of the 31st of December. Who knows? There might be a future release with even more good stuff we couldn't get into the first version.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk