Tales from the Eureka Cluster : The Abtyon Case

Started by Jack, Tue 04/08/2015 02:05:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Tales from the Eureka Cluster : The Abtyon Case
Medium-length adventure game, 800 x 600

While conducting archaeological recovery in an unknown star system of the Eureka Cluster, the crew of the FSV Thrift is abducted by some form of purple energy alien.

Only one man, Jeff Tobel, is left behind, and must find a way to save his crew-mates after being stuck aboard a disabled ship which he doesn't even have full clearance to use.

WARNING: This game contains adult themes. Players must be 18 years or older.

Game page

Download link (21.5 MB)

This is my first game, but hopefully not my last. It started out as a 3-week game jam-type exercise, but here we are a little more than a year later.

I'd love to hear what you think about it.

gspit1124

When I arrive on the planet and "look" at the bucket, I get kicked out of the game with an error that the script doesn't exist.

Jack

Ah, yup. Will put the fix up soon.

Thanks for the report.

EDIT: v1.1 has been uploaded with some interface enhancements and a fix for the issue you reported.

gspit1124

Great game! Thank you for your response and fix. Congrats on the release :)

Mandle

Just finished the game....Very nice job for a first AGS release!

Loved the Space Questy/Hitch-Hiker's feel of the humour and the puzzles were just right so as not to get frustrating.

One slight thing was that walking in the parallax-scrolling forest was very very slow for me but maybe that's just my crappy old computer...

Very nice game, and congratulations on the release!

(Also just realised that I played two space adventures back-to-back that both had phallic symbolism...This one and Dark Force)

Jack

Hey, thanks! Glad you enjoyed it :D

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 14/08/2015 06:06:42One slight thing was that walking in the parallax-scrolling forest was very very slow for me but maybe that's just my crappy old computer...

Interesting. I always assumed the hologram's room would be the one that performs poorly on some hardware, but now that I think about it, the objects in the forest room are huge. Any trouble with the hologram's room?

SilverSpook

Great job, JackLucy!  I've just completed a little "Let's Play" of Tales From The Eureka Cluster: The Abtyon Case and will be throwing it up on Youtube shortly.

Nice visuals for something that came out of a game jam, very raunchily hilarious writing.  Wife and I had a great time.  I tell you, phallic spacecraft jokes beat Barry White for mood-setting, hands down, every time.

Cool job guys.

EDIT: Here's the Let's Play
[embed=960,720]http://youtu.be/70FJXkwBThk[/embed]

Jack

That's awesome :D Didn't think anyone would make one this soon.

Your SentiSuck reaction makes all the work worth it :D :D

It's cut weirdly at the end (6:43), as if you intended for there to be more.

AnasAbdin

Just wanted to say I'm enjoying this  :) getting stuck in places but solving puzzles WITHOUT looking at the hints and tips forum  (laugh)
Good work for your first AGS game JackLucy!

Jack

Thanks! I think I'm addicted now. I'm already working on my second.

Tardigrades is looking great BTW.

Jack

I just uploaded the debian build of my game.

Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

splat44

I found a bug or 2:

Spoiler
after getting storage vessel, another bucket of ice is in bunker area
[close]

2nd possible bug
Spoiler
hologram's instructions dealing with vessel were one way, but solving this, I found instructions were reversed than originally given. If you're working on next version, you might want to make sure solution is based on given instruction as given to cause less confusion
[close]

Great game!

Jack

Hey, thanks! :D

Spoiler
It's possible I've never returned to the bunker after getting the vessel.

I think I know what you mean by the second. I'll check it out, Thanks. :)
[close]

splat44

No problems, I'm glad to having contributed! All the best during next version if any!

Quote from: Jack Lucy on Wed 06/01/2016 19:01:34
Hey, thanks! :D

Spoiler
It's possible I've never returned to the bunker after getting the vessel.

I think I know what you mean by the second. I'll check it out, Thanks. :)
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk