Fatal exception occurs when player changes rooms

Started by shamz, Sun 09/08/2015 17:33:03

Previous topic - Next topic

shamz

Hi, I'm new to AGS. I keep getting this bug when the player character changes room, the game crashes and the following message comes up:

---------------------------
Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x00451A78 ; program pointer is +72, ACI version 3.3.3.0, gtags (0,0)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)
OK   

Can anybody tell me where the problem is?

Crimson Wizard

shamang37, you may have CrashInfo.dmp created in your game folder. Could you upload it?

shamz

Sure thing :) I can't find a method to upload anything to the forums though, so I just put it on file dropper. I hope that's okay. Here's the link: http://www.filedropper.com/crashinfo3330

Crimson Wizard

These crash dumps could be misleading sometimes, but from the looks of it, it seems that one of the room objects is referencing missing sprite.

Can you check if any of the objects in that room is assigned a wrong sprite number, or a number of a sprite that was deleted?

shamz

Sorry for the late reply, but apparently AGS was having problems reading the sprite. I'm not sure where the problem was exactly, but I reimported the sprite and it worked.

Thanks for your help :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk