DarkForce

Started by Slasher, Sun 09/08/2015 20:29:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

DarkForce is now available to download.

Thanks to all those who helped make this game.

Stop a rebellion force from overthrowing the Federation, murdering the ambassadors and disrupting the 'Peace Among Nations' meeting with alien death eggs!!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1950/

* DirectDraw...

Feedback welcomed (nod)

MyEakinBack

Congrats on the release.

This one's got a bit of everything.

The sci-fi theme we all love.
It's longer than most of the games here which I like.
There's some tense action and lots of cut scenes to give the story.
The puzzles can be worked through without too much trouble. But I like puzzles to be harder than heck, so I think this pace has wider appeal.
A great effort from an experienced designer.

Go ahead and give it ago!
completed: Beyond Eternity

Mandle

Oh wow! I was just wondering what was taking you so "long" with this game, Slasher. And it's already out?!

Congratz on yet another release (and now get back to work on the next one! (laugh) )

Will have a go ASAP!!!

Shadow1000

I played and completed this game.

My comments:

First and foremost, this game is FUN. I recommend that you play it. I agree with MyEakinBack: the game has a good combination of tense moments and a bit of everything. The story is simple and unfolds at a pace that happens to match the pace of the game very well. The puzzles are on the easier side and I don't have a problem with that. Easier puzzles open the game to less experienced players.

My only criticisms: the graphics/sprites/characters look like they've been taken from different sources and SEEM to me to be inconsistent with each other. This does not affect the playability of the game but I thought I would mention it. As well, when you look at things, the scrolling text animation is a nice touch but I personally found myself getting impatient at times because of it and sometimes I didn't bother to look at items because of it. If there would be a way to skip the effect that might be a plus.

Either way, good job! I'm looking forward to the next Slasher game...

SHADOW

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 13/08/2015 15:18:29
the scrolling text animation is a nice touch but I personally found myself getting impatient at times because of it and sometimes I didn't bother to look at items because of it. If there would be a way to skip the effect that might be a plus.

Yes...I totally agree...I stopped wanting to examine things unless I had to because of this...

Please speed up the typing speed to about 5 times what it is now...I don't think you need to skip it entirely...

The effect will still be cool but it won't make the player not want to examine stuff...

Mandle

Just finished the game...Very nice effort once again from Slasher!

I liked the puzzles a lot in this one and the humour was spot on. I also felt quite a feeling of accomplishment at the end!

Knobby 4eva!!!

(Also just realised that I played two space adventures back-to-back that both had phallic symbolism...This one and Eureka Cluster)

SilverSpook

Great game, Slasher!

I liked all the gags, visual and otherwise.  I actually thought the "Evil Cabal" scene was pretty properly mock-80's, with, I believe, 80's Saturday morning cartoon characters whose names have been erased from my mental hard drive.
Kind of in the vein of the bad guys from Man Borg.

Maybe do what IAMJASON did and add a word-speed to the options screen for those of us, like me, of short attention span.

Congrats!

Slasher

Quotelease speed up the typing speed to about 5 times what it is now...I don't think you need to skip it entirely...
When looking through the visor the text speed has been sped up.  This version will be uploaded over the weekend.

Slasher

AnasAbdin

Stupot

Guess what's currently sitting at the top of Gamejolt's homepage as a featured game.

Nice one Slasher :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk