Jigsaw module help [solved]

Started by MoonDog, Wed 12/08/2015 10:19:27

Previous topic - Next topic

MoonDog

So I sort of have the jigsaw module working now. Using it to create a "piece together torn paper" puzzle. But I ran into three problems.

1) sound doesn't play because when I try run the game an error pops up saying "Undefined token, 'PlaySound'" on every line that has PlaySound in it.

2)when I'm playing the game I have to click on the screen a few times before the pieces of paper show.

3)how to I end the jigsaw puzzle so that I can interact with hotspots/objects/characters again.

These might be obvious fix but I'm probably just not seeing it.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: MoonDog on Wed 12/08/2015 10:19:27
1) sound doesn't play because when I try run the game an error pops up saying "Undefined token, 'PlaySound'" on every line that has PlaySound in it.
The module uses old script commands that were deprecated since AGS 3.2.
Easiest solution is to open General Settings and disable "Backwards Compatibility -> Enforce new style audio scripting".

MoonDog

will try that later tonight. hope it works out.

MoonDog

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Wed 12/08/2015 10:24:03
Quote from: MoonDog on Wed 12/08/2015 10:19:27
The module uses old script commands that were deprecated since AGS 3.2.
Easiest solution is to open General Settings and disable "Backwards Compatibility -> Enforce new style audio scripting".

Thank you, sound works now. Now to figure out the other two.

MoonDog

Ok, so I managed to remove the puzzle with the Jigsaw.RemovePuzzle() command and a change to previous room after it. Only problem now is that my objects like doors, keys and painting have all disappeared.

MoonDog

Managed to solve the lost two issues after a bunch of trial and error. Everything is finally working :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk