Where'd the all mighty "I'd like to retire" button (aka delete button) go?

Started by Peder 🚀, Wed 12/08/2015 20:34:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

cat

Peder 🚀

I thought the "I'd like to retire" bit was quite self explanatory. I'm talking about the delete my account button.

cat

Ah, that was removed after Ghost suddenly disappeared :P

But why on earth would you want to do such a thing? 8-0

Peder 🚀

It was more about me being curious as to WHY it was removed, and why on earth we would want to keep it removed...

Kinda feel that if we have to have the "delete my account" button removed to keep members from leaving the forums, there is something seriously wrong with the forum or how it's run.. :-\

Cassiebsg

I am guessing that it got deleted to avoid confusion with posts, links and stuff.

I'm on another forum where it's also not allowed to delete your account, if you leave (stop being a member) all your personal data gets deleted/reset and a line like "this person is no longer a member" is shown. This avoids having a bunch of posts disappearing, or being written by "guest"... :-\

But am just guessing. And really hope you are not thinking about retiring... that would be such a shame and a loss for this community!
You do great work! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Peder 🚀

I believe (from having deleted my account once before) that this forum will leave the forum name attached to all posts written by the member that deletes themselves...
So there shouldn't really be any huge confusions if anyone did delete themselves.

I've already long ago become less active on the forums and less interested in making games, but as I'm still trying my best to make the time to get AGSA on it's feet I am indeed not going anywhere just yet.

CaptainD

Quote from: Peder on Wed 12/08/2015 22:54:56
I am indeed not going anywhere just yet.

Glad to hear it!  You had me worried for a moment there... :shocked:

LimpingFish

It seems like a technicality. If you're gone, you're gone. Unless you don't want your name popping up in the birthday feed, there's not much else deleting your account would accomplish.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

AGA

It was only ever possible to do it because I accidentally allowed the option at one point. In the overall history of the forums it hasn't been allowed for very long.

[delete}

Such final button would need a sophisticated design. It must remind you that when jumping from AGS cliffs, you won't be allowed to register with a new account later.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk