Sprites PNG transparency not working

Started by Enji_Warden, Thu 20/08/2015 16:28:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Enji_Warden

Well I've scoured the internet and I'm not sure what my problem is or how to fix it. I made my first sprite in photoshop and saved as a PNG. When I import the sprite in AGS it looks great in the window where you can set transparency to be whatever pixel or leave as is.. I choose leave as is and it changes to a white background in the actual view, even though it looked fine in the screen before it.. I can't figure out what's going on :/ I tried to use hot pink instead of a png transparent background but then hot pink ends up on my sprite in the game.

Khris

You can either tell AGS to pick the background color slot from a corner and turn that transparent. Hard edges, works regardless of game setup.
Or you use alpha channel transparency, in which case you have to set the game's color depth to 32bit before importing the sprites. Upon import, AGS will detect the alpha channel and tell you so.

Enji_Warden

ahhh thank you, I changed it to 32 bit and selected alpha channel and now it looks fine. However, now my GUI is dark blue/black and impossible to see x.x

Enji_Warden

ah figured that out too, there was a 'classic' gui in general settings that made it work, thanks again :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk