OROW 9 Hints thread.

Started by Bulbapuck, Mon 31/08/2015 13:21:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulbapuck

I figured I would start a thread like this as I'm stuck in the first game I play :p

In Alien Escapades I simply found myself stuck immediately:
Spoiler
I have the gun of course and the "light source?" also. I found a second image on the monitor but I haveno idea what to do now. Been walking many laps around :p
[close]

If the author wants to reply to anything in this thread or the official OROW 9 thread, send me a PM and I'll relay the message to the appropriate thread.

HandsFree

Unfortunately the dislocation game keeps shutting down on me without error message.
After I
Spoiler
do the inorganic teleportation thing
[close]
a few things happen and then
Spoiler
the screen goes white
[close]
and the game shuts down.

Is there any way to avoid this?
I tried all combinations of windowed and driver btw.

NB or is this part of being uncontrollable?

Cassiebsg

@Bulbapuck

Hint
Spoiler

You can pick up something else from the planet... ;)
Spoiler

The pick up icon is the "one hand"... not the "2 hands" which I'm guessing is use.. (laugh) Took me a while to figure that out, hadn't even noticed there were 2 hand modes... (roll)
[close]
[close]

After that, I've done a few things more. But am now stuck. What I thought would happen hasn't... (laugh)(roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Bulbapuck

@handsfree, from the author of Dislocation:

Spoiler
The white flash is the end of the game. It's a little abrupt because we were under time pressure. Long story short : the quantum machine killed the scientist and probably kills you at the end of the game. You were told not to mess with it by the QE guy but you did it anyway and then it became... UNCONTROLLABLE 8-0
[close]

@cassiebg, thank you!

MiteWiseacreLives!

About Hybrid:
Spoiler
Do you die at the end no matter what? Is there another ending?
[close]
P.S. enjoyed it, although fairly twisted enjoyment :P

Mandle

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Tue 01/09/2015 18:31:39
About Hybrid:
Spoiler
Do you die at the end no matter what? Is there another ending?
[close]
P.S. enjoyed it, although fairly twisted enjoyment :P

To get the "good" ending:

You have to:

Spoiler
Run right and then click on the fire ax...Then click on the monkey
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 31/08/2015 19:06:26
@Bulbapuck

Hint
Spoiler

You can pick up something else from the planet... ;)
Spoiler

The pick up icon is the "one hand"... not the "2 hands" which I'm guessing is use.. (laugh) Took me a while to figure that out, hadn't even noticed there were 2 hand modes... (roll)
[close]
[close]

After that, I've done a few things more. But am now stuck. What I thought would happen hasn't... (laugh)(roll)

To get to the game ending you have to:

Spoiler
Leave the vent unplugged that is first directly to the right of where you start the game...Took me ages to figure it out as well...
[close]

Stupot

I'm also struggling with Alien Escapades.
Spoiler
I get that the dialogue text is supposed to represent the alien langauge, but I have been able to male out a few words, so it's clearly written in English with a clever font. My question is, it it supposed to be mostly unreadable, or am I just being stupid. Or is it supposed to be a puzzle and we have to work out the alphabet in order to understand what to do?  So far I can read a handful of the characters. Is it worth going down this road or is is actually supposed to remain unintelligible alien language?
[close]

Next question regards Flop House:
Spoiler
I have pretty much made all the money but I can't find a clue for getting into the safe. Also, I still have well over an hour til the landlord comes back. Do we actually have to leave the game running for an hour to run the clock down?
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Wed 02/09/2015 09:58:42
I'm also struggling with Alien Escapades.
Spoiler
I get that the dialogue text is supposed to represent the alien langauge, but I have been able to male out a few words, so it's clearly written in English with a clever font. My question is, it it supposed to be mostly unreadable, or am I just being stupid. Or is it supposed to be a puzzle and we have to work out the alphabet in order to understand what to do?  So far I can read a handful of the characters. Is it worth going down this road or is is actually supposed to remain unintelligible alien language?
[close]

Next question regards Flop House:
Spoiler
I have pretty much made all the money but I can't find a clue for getting into the safe. Also, I still have well over an hour til the landlord comes back. Do we actually have to leave the game running for an hour to run the clock down?
[close]

@ Alien Escapades:

Spoiler
No, you do not need to know the language to finish the game but it really helps if you know that the reason the wife is freaking out is because your home asteroid is about to impact on some random bluish planet in a less fashionable spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy...
[close]

@ Flop House

Spoiler
The couch! (I think....I don't think I actually opened the safe but I know where the code is...The game seems to have multiple ways to get all the cash and
Spoiler

a way to get away without paying at all
[close]
So....looks like I must go back and play again!

It's driving me crazy though that f5 opens the Save Game window but no key I've found opens the Load Game window.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
[close]

Bulbapuck

From the author of Flop House:

F6 is for reload.
Yes you can win multiple ways
Spoiler
if you do well on the couch game
[close]
, and you get an ending if the time runs out as well.
Spoiler
Recheck the couch
[close]
Spoiler
You must work with the guy downstairs through the vent before you can progress with the safe.
[close]

cat

Alien Escapade
Spoiler

I have no idea what I am supposed to do. I collected a bunch of covers and put them on those vents, but I'm missing one. No idea what to do with the gun and crystal.
[close]

MiteWiseacreLives!

How do you open the lock in Paradise?
Spoiler
I've tried 222 like on a phone keypad to spell CAB??
[close]

Cassiebsg

@MiteWiseacreLives!

Spoiler

I just "randomly" entered some numbers... when that didn't worked I searched for a clue somewhere... when that didn't work I tried the most common 3 number combinations... when that didn't work I tried a variation of the most common combinations, and then "Click!" (laugh)
If that doesn't help you here's my combination:
Spoiler

Really? You honestly peaked in here to find out the combination to a 3 number combination? Shame on you! :P
Oh well...
Spoiler

Mine opened with 312... :) Have fun!
[close]
[close]
[close]

EDIT:
I'm also stuck...

Alien Escapes
Spoiler

I've used the gun and "light bulb", plus all the "mushrooms" (including the buggy ones, so I've actually closed all holes!)
I'm pretty sure I need to use those red spike plants to do something, maybe stuck them in a vent or something?
Other than that I'm clueless...
And by buggy "mushroom" I mean that, you can still pick them up even though you can't see them. :-\ (I'm assuming that's a bug and not part of the experience...) :p
Wasn't there a save button? If there was I can't find it anymore. :(
[close]

Flop house
Spoiler

Argh... I missed the couch "dance"... by the time I realized what to do, it was too late and I only got 68 out of it...
I did open the safe... but I found the combination by mistake...
Spoiler

I was actually trying to click on the roommate, when I accidentally clicked a bit too much to the left and.. thadam!
[close]
Currently am unsure what to do with the baseball card and the Crisco...
Oh, I think there's a bug with the foreign money, cause even after I sold it, I still have it... and I can sell it all over again, but I don't get more money out of it. :(
[close]

cat

@Paradise
Spoiler

Just take the position in the alphabet: A=1...
[close]

@Alien Escapes (got a hint in the meantime)
Spoiler
One of the vents has to be uncovered
[close]
Spoiler
It's the one pointing towards earth
[close]

Cassiebsg

Thanks cat. :)
Spoiler

Guess I was trying to go the wrong way, cause I thought she wanted to go on vacation to that blue planet... (roll)
And at some other point I thought I would need to use those red spiky balls to shoot at the planet by "bending" them down on the other holes... (laugh)
[close]

Stupot

Flop house
Spoiler
yeah I've come across the couch 'game' but I just thought it was spazzing out and this weird bug happened where the room mate, who was fixing the broken pipe at the time, moved all the way to the left and appeared to be fixing the couch instead. So I didn't know what was going on.

Also I've already done the thing with the foreign money and exchanged it with the guy downstairs. As Cassie said, there's a bug where the money stays in your inventory. Also the 'metallic object' is still underneath the couch.

I'm pretty sure all I need to do is to find the number to this safe and/or wait for the clock to run down so I can sell the hockey card to the Canadian kid. But I'm worried about running the clock down without having enough money to give the landlord.
[close]

Cassiebsg

Wait. what!?
Spoiler

Quotethis weird bug happened where the room mate, who was fixing the broken pipe at the time
Come again!? I haven't done that! How the hell do you do that?
As for the safe, here's another hint, since my above one didn't help you apparently:
Spoiler

Look closely at the wall by the vent... something new showed up there after the neighbor got cooking.
[close]
I also thought I could sell/trade the card with the kid, but like you not happy to have to wait this long for the timer to run... uhm... maybe editing the cfg file to make the game run even when I'm not there.... :p
[close]

Stupot

@Cassie Thanks for the hint.

I managed to open the safe, and got the $87. But then my money went from $1089 down to $198. That's not how safes are supposed to work :-( I guess that renders the rest of the game unplayable :-(

HandsFree

I haven't been able to find anything to do in the Rogered game. Any tips?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk