Jacqueline White; Bad Trouble in the Red Desert

Started by Shadow1000, Fri 04/09/2015 21:43:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Wed 23/09/2015 17:27:55
Beautiful game! But something seems off to me, maybe I'm not trying hard enough  ???
Spoiler
I've just got back from the hospital, I think I need to go to the Bar (not available yet), back at the Studio the guy in the smoking room says Edwards wants to talk to me about the train stunt.. Edwards doesn't mention it at all, not sure what to do know.
[close]

Spoiler
If I understand correctly where you are in the game you need to go back to the hospital and talk more to Cole about the bar.
[close]

Blondbraid

A nice game but the puzzles so far does't feel entirely intuitive, like the word-puzzle Shadow1000 mentioned and I had trouble with the mirror in the clothes shop, not because I missed a clue, but because I couldn't figure out the game mechanics for knocking and only discovered how to do it through random luck.
Spoiler
I'm stuck with the note found inside the knife. I found the other note with the letters already crossed out and I figured that I'm supposed to cross out the letters in accordance to the numbers in the top corner of the note somehow, but I don't understand exactly how the numbers are supposed to work and I can't see any pattern.
[close]

HandsFree

What part of the mirror puzzle did you find unintuitive? Was it
Spoiler
the double klicking?
[close]
For the note:
Spoiler
In the already decoded note it says: 1,4/4.
If you look at the striked letters you can see that the first and fourth out of every four letters are striked.
The coded note says: 1,4,5/6.
[close]

Mandle

I'm having a bit of trouble with the bit about:

Spoiler
HOW FREAKING AWESOME THIS GAME IS!!!
[close]

and how:

Spoiler
THE GAME DEVS MANAGED TO PULL OFF AN INSTANT AGS CLASSIC LIKE THIS TOTALLY UNDER THE RADAR!!!
[close]

and why:

Spoiler
GROK WAS ABLE TO CREATE A COMPLETE "WOW-LEVEL" GAME OUT OF THE BLUE IN A FRACTION OF THE TIME IT TAKES MOST OF US DEVS TO RELEASE A FLAWED DEMO???
[close]

Any help appreciated!

Blondbraid

QuoteWhat part of the mirror puzzle did you find unintuitive?
Yes, it was never explained that you could double-click the mirror.
Also, the word puzzle would have been a really great puzzle if only the entire title of the movie
had been written out in the dialog menu.
As for the note puzzle I just completed it.

Mandle

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sat 26/09/2015 14:24:17
QuoteWhat part of the mirror puzzle did you find unintuitive?
Yes, it was never explained that you could double-click the mirror.

I had a bit of trouble with figuring that puzzle out as well...But as soon as I realised:

Spoiler

I could double or triple click the mirror the puzzle took on a whole new charm...

After you go back and try norma;-clicking on it a few times and the puzzle ends you search for alternatives and then you end up working out how the puzzle works...And it was not spoon-fed to you...

"It was never explained that you could double-click the mirror."...I think that might just be the point of the puzzle?
[close]

MiteWiseacreLives!

I could use a hint at that part as well  :)
Spoiler
Just don't get the mirror code, looked up morse code charts and those don't seem to match... I assume it's its own code?
[close]

Grok

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Sun 27/09/2015 06:36:41
I could use a hint at that part as well  :)
Spoiler
Just don't get the mirror code, looked up morse code charts and those don't seem to match... I assume it's its own code?
[close]

Spoiler
On the table with hats there is a price list for costumes. On that list you can find the serial of codes that are used, hidden. If i.e. you get a 2-1-1 knock from the door guard, you should answer with the next knock sequence on the list, 1-2-3
[close]

AndyfromVA

I should be able to do this but I'm stuck.  Could someone help me out?
Spoiler
I can't figure out how to get into the bar.
[close]

Grok

Quote from: AndyfromVA on Fri 13/11/2015 22:34:46
I should be able to do this but I'm stuck.  Could someone help me out?
Spoiler
I can't figure out how to get into the bar.
[close]

Spoiler
Talk to Mr. Metcalf
[close]
Spoiler
Look at the price list at the table with the hats.
[close]
Spoiler
At the bottom of the price list you find the list of knocking codes (- ** ***). You might want to write it down.
[close]
Spoiler
When you knock on the mirror once the door guard will answer with a knock sequence from the list. You answer with the next knock sequence on the list.
[close]

SKYY

How do you win famous last words? 
Spoiler
I get that you have to check out all the posters, but I keep getting stumped at Hazards of Helene: Oasis of Fear.
[close]

SKYY

Quote from: SKYY on Mon 04/04/2016 19:40:02
How do you win famous last words? 
Spoiler
I get that you have to check out all the posters, but I keep getting stumped at Hazards of Helene: Oasis of Fear.
[close]
Nevermind.  I figured it out.
Spoiler
Hazards of Helene: Oasis of Fear is listed as "Oasis of Fear" in the dialogue list.  Confusing.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk