Forum Game: the UEFS Shrike

Started by WHAM, Thu 17/09/2015 09:21:20

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

Should we go the other way?

Wait, there is no other way! :-D

NightHawk

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 05/10/2015 20:24:07
>Get inside, close outer airlock or let it close, then interact with the second airlock and look around.
+1

selmiak

also
>say: suit, tell me, is there breathable atmosphere in here?

Stupot

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 05/10/2015 20:24:07
>Get inside, close outer airlock or let it close, then interact with the second airlock and look around.
+1

Especially:
> look up
(Those lickers get everywhere)

WHAM

> Get inside, close outer airlock or let it close, then interact with the second airlock and look around.

You enter the airlock. As you do, the door behind you silently slides to a close.
You wait for the airlock to fully close, while looking around the airlock.

There is a helmet, identical to those worn by the marines from the Jibril, floating in the airlock. It seems damaged.

A piece of paper also floats in the air.

It seems there is no gravity in the airlock.

The door behind you closes fully, and after a few moments you can hear a loud hiss from outside of your suit.

> Say: "Suit, tell me, is there breathable atmosphere in here?"

Computer: "Atmosphere pressure: 0.43 atm and rising. Oxygen content at 15 % and rising. No hazardous elements detected in atmosphere."

A few more moments pass and the hissing stops.

Male voice: "Airlock cycle complete. Crew notified. Please standby."

> Look up

You glance at the ceiling. The airlock is a somewhat square-shaped tube, with similiar metal plating on the floor, ceiling and walls. There don't seem to be any maintenance panels or anything that might allow access in or out of the airlock, save for the doors behind you and in front of you, both of which are currently closed.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Crimson Wizard

> Take piece of paper and examine it.

NightHawk

>Take the helmet and ambush anyone coming.

Erenan

>Take the helmet and anxiously peer inside it to determine that it is in fact just an empty helmet.
The Bunker

WHAM

> Take piece of paper and examine it.

You snatch the piece of PAPER from the air and glance it over. The paper is slightly crumpled, and has handwritten writing on one side.

The hastily scrawled note simply reads:
"If you come back, use bullets, beams dont work!"

> Take the helmet and ambush anyone coming.

You grab the HELMET and prepare to use it as a blunt weapon in case anyone enters the airlock.

You wait for a few moments, listening, waiting. The hissing of the airlock has completely stopped now and all you can hear is your own breathing.

You wait for a minute or two more, just in case. No-one comes and the doors remain steadfastly shut.

> Peer inside helmet to determine that it is in fact just an empty helmet.

You realize that you hold in your hand a helmet, worn only a short while ago (you hope) by a marine aboard the Jibril. The helmet looks damaged and the faceplate is cracked and spattered with blood.

With trembling hands you turn the helmet over to see inside it...

The helmet is empty.

There are a few droplets of blood inside it and the lower part of the faceplate is blackened, as if an explosion had taken place near it. Whatever happened to the marine, it was probably not good.

The INTERCOM on the airlock wall crackles and emits a short burst of static.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Mandle

>Push the green button on the intercom and say "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?!"

WHAM

>Push the green button on the intercom and say "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?!"

You step up to the INTERCOM and press the large green button. There is a short burst of static as you press the button. Without hesitation you shout out: "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?!"

Female voice over intercom: "What the-! Who...? Who is this!? Identify yourself!"

cat

> Push the green button on the intercom and say "Edward Hogan, captain of the UEFS Jibril. Who are you and what has happened here?"

selmiak

>Say: and where is my algae sandwich with fries I ordered half an hour ago

Mandle

Stupot

>check the other side of the note.

cat

Didn't we order cup noodles earlier? We didn't even eat them! I guess that's what happens when your ship explodes. We should have looked for them in the flying debris outside... :P

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Fri 09/10/2015 08:26:23
Didn't we order cup noodles earlier? We didn't even eat them! I guess that's what happens when your ship explodes. We should have looked for them in the flying debris outside... :P

I believe in the flying noodle monster!

WHAM

Meanwhile: somewhere, in the vast emptiness of space...

cat

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: WHAM on Fri 09/10/2015 10:19:04
Meanwhile: somewhere, in the vast emptiness of space...

Think that this bowl of noodles will originate a new life on some distant planet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk