Matilda and the Curse of King Stephen

Started by Grok, Thu 24/09/2015 05:41:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

I finished the game. Is there more than one way to finish? I never encountered the room with the second screenshot.
- Shadow 1000 in the completed game thread

Spoiler

To go to the second room you need to bridge the gap between the stairs and the door in the left side of the room. See if you can find something to fit that gap.

The second room will contain clues to some of the questions that King Stephen asks. To answer the first question without using the suggestions you would need to find that clue. If you got that one right without having seen the clue or used the suggestion I would be very surprised.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Grok on Thu 24/09/2015 05:41:38
I finished the game. Is there more than one way to finish? I never encountered the room with the second screenshot.

Spoiler

To go to the second room you need to bridge the gap between the stairs and the door in the left side of the room. See if you can find something to fit that gap.

The second room will contain clues to some of the questions that King Stephen asks. To answer the first question without using the suggestions you would need to find that clue. If you got that one right without having seen the clue or used the suggestion I would be very surprised.
[close]

Well, I did
Spoiler
try using the closet door to bridge the gap but anywhere I tried to place it, it would walk right back to where I picked it up, so that isn't it...
[close]

SHADOW

Gurok

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 24/09/2015 14:51:16
Quote from: Grok on Thu 24/09/2015 05:41:38

Spoiler

[close]

Well, I did
Spoiler
try using the closet door to bridge the gap but anywhere I tried to place it, it would walk right back to where I picked it up, so that isn't it...
[close]

SHADOW

Spoiler
You have to put it in just the right spot. There's no description for the hotspot, but it's the gap between the staircase and the door. Not on the door itself (as that triggers the walk sequence back to the cupboard).
[close]
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Shadow1000

Truth be told, I did suspect that it had to go in some exact spot. HOWEVER, since the animation is so slow and she walks ALL the way back if you don't get the exact spot, I just didn't bother trying to hit every spot just in case. Especially when I finished the game without it...

SHADOW

sthomannch

Same for me, I finished it without going to the second room. Now I restarted and found the answer to the first question
Spoiler

in the book. But when looking for more clues, I got stuck. Cannot turn a page and cannot do anything with the tomb. Tried to climb it, in vain.
[close]

Cassiebsg

Uhm... I most be stupid... 8-0
Spoiler

I still haven't even managed to fish the key!
[/hide}
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 24/09/2015 21:09:59
Uhm... I most be stupid... 8-0
Spoiler

I still haven't even managed to fish the key!
[/hide}
[close]
Not stupid.
Spoiler
put the stool to the left of the table, then climb on top. I also went through the process of guessing where the stool goes before getting this one
[close]

SHADOW

MiteWiseacreLives!

And how do you climb on the stool ??? I'm missing something here...

Gurok

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Sun 11/10/2015 08:15:41
And how do you climb on the stool ??? I'm missing something here...

Spoiler
Click above the stool once you've placed it. It's tricky, but there's a spot.
[close]
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

MiteWiseacreLives!

I'm so stuck.
Spoiler
cannot figure out the lock on the book, arrrrggggg
[close]

Grok

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Sun 11/10/2015 16:36:06
I'm so stuck.
Spoiler
cannot figure out the lock on the book, arrrrggggg
[close]

Spoiler

Click the three buttons at the top to get the shield markings in the right order. Look in the first room for the right order.

Middle button need to touched with a certain inventory item. If you need more information on which item look at the clue below.

[close]

Spoiler
Use the skull
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk