What grinds my gears!

Started by Mouth for war, Thu 24/09/2015 13:43:15

Previous topic - Next topic

dayowlron

josiah, I saw that animation quite a while back. Thought it was funny that the very last scene looks like a limp penis laying on the desk.

OK something that grinds my gears.
First I need to start with my wife is in a wheel chair. We have a van that has a ramp that comes down on the right side, so we need a parking space that has open area or no parking area on the right side. places have handicap area just for vans like this, but most places we go there seems to always be someone parking in them. They do have handicap plates so it is legal, but I wonder how much they are really handicap. I wouldnt be surprised if some of their handicaps are sleep apnea or something. ANYWAYS, I have to block some people in so I can get the wife in or out of the van and then park in a regular spot. the thing is I go into the establishment/store and everyone in there has no problem walking around. I think the government just hands out handicap placards to anyone who asks for one. I would be ok if they have trouble walking long distances but when there is a parking space almost as close as the handicap parking and they don't have trouble getting in and out of the car then why take it from those who really need it. Anyways that is something that grinds my gears.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

AnasAbdin

dayowlron I can totally relate. My father is on a wheelchair as well. Sometimes I find parked cars with no handicap card or anything. I once saw a guy leaving the facility I was taking my dad to, I talked to him about the handicapped spot, he actually said that since I (as a driver) am not handicapped then I shouldn't park there too :-\ literally left me speechless.

Typical bimbo responses: "It'll only be a minute." "Oh I didn't notice the sign." "What are the chances someone might need it?"

josiah1221

@Dayowlron, haha, very true!

I completely agree with the handicap parking deal. That crap has always pissed me off! Makes me want to keep a sledgehammer handy and crack kneecaps, then they really WILL be handicap!

dayowlron

I just go if they aren't physically handicapped then they must be mentally handicapped, but still pisses me off.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

dactylopus

Quote from: dayowlron on Sun 19/08/2018 21:26:58
josiah, I saw that animation quite a while back. Thought it was funny that the very last scene looks like a limp penis laying on the desk.
I don't usually see that much blood around a limp penis.  Am I doing something wrong?

Quote from: dayowlron on Mon 20/08/2018 02:07:24
I just go if they aren't physically handicapped then they must be mentally handicapped, but still pisses me off.
That's always my reaction, too!

Blondbraid

When it comes to handicap parking, there are people with neurological disorders that leave no visible mark but still cause great pain when they move,
and to those people I can imagine having a slightly shorter walk to the shop would make a great difference even if they aren't confined to
a wheelchair. But if they don't have any handicap card or anything else in the car I don't see any excuse.

I think that to the sort of otherwise healthy people who park in handicap spaces, their mindset is that since handicapped people are a minority,
to them a minority means rare -> unlikely to meet one today -> might as well not exist. It's the same sort of pervasive thinking that makes
people skip seatbelts just because the majority of cars don't crash when people drive them.

dayowlron

You know even though most places the handicap places are closer to the door, there is a few where the handicap spots are actually farther away. not that they are the farthest parking spots but that there is some parking spots that are closer to the door than the handicap spots. I dont mind that at all cause it is not the distance to walk to the door that bothers me, but that I need at least 6 feet or more to the right of the van to lower the ramp and wheel her out. I can understand that if they have some condition where walking is painful then they do have a right to a handicap spot. I just feel that there is so many that just get it cause of some injury that may have completely healed and they just keep the placard or they get one for a elderly parent and then use it when the parent is not with them.
As far as people parking in the spots that don't have a placard or handicap plates the fines can get really high so you don't see that much here. depending on the state and the judge it could range from $250 to $750.
Anyways I have spoken my peace about it so I will get off my soapbox.

Mandle

Quote from: dayowlron on Tue 21/08/2018 03:17:48
they get one for a elderly parent and then use it when the parent is not with them.

I know someone who still does that even though her father, who the handicapped plate was for, died like 7-8 years ago. And this person even brags about getting away with it.

Frodo

What grinds my gears... is the lack of big, comfy chairs with cushions at the bus stop.  :tongue:

dayowlron

you have chairs at your bus stops? we only have a sign. Glad I don't ride the bus.

Frodo

We have hard benches.  No comfy chairs with cushions.  :cool:

Stupot

Quote from: Frodo on Mon 24/09/2018 21:38:20
We have hard benches.  No comfy chairs with cushions.  :cool:
I believe that's deliberate, to deter people from hanging out there too long and also so as not to attract homeless people to sleep on them

Stupot

Frodo

Mouth for war

Damn that's a comfy looking bus stop :-D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Frodo

Been stuck in hospital for a few days.  :undecided:

What grinds my gears, is the teeny, miserly 'portions' of margarine they give you with bread at breakfast in the mornings, is not enough for a slice of bread.
Gluten Free bread is smaller than normal bread, and the 'portion' of margarine is STILL not enough for 1 slice of bread.  :sad:

Slasher

Being told that the expensive brand is by far the better... not in all cases, and supermarkets grind my gears...

Don't buy that for 99p buy this one, it's better at £1.50 >:(

Frodo

Quote from: Slasher on Tue 02/10/2018 17:55:48
Being told that the expensive brand is by far the better... not in all cases, and supermarkets grind my gears...

I'd rather have this other one at 75p.  :cool:

Danvzare

Quote from: Frodo on Tue 02/10/2018 19:13:14
Quote from: Slasher on Tue 02/10/2018 17:55:48

I'd rather have this other one at 75p.  :cool:

But that one is smaller. You get more for less if you buy the 99p one. (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk