Mittens 2016: Orust, Sweden 30 July - 06 August

Started by AGA, Tue 29/09/2015 16:02:39

Previous topic - Next topic

reismahnic

Oh, this sounds wonderful!
So all I have to do is let you guys know I would like to go, and you'll cover all my expenses, right?...

No?...
That's not how this works?... :wink:

Well, have fun. I think its so cool that this community meets up in person.
You're all awesome.

Andail

Quote from: reismahnic on Sun 01/05/2016 00:10:03
You're all awesome.

Yup!

Okay, just thought I could bump this ever so slightly. Not that I need definite answers yet... or maybe ever, but a general idea of the attendance would be nice.

I think the first week of August is pretty much set in stone by now, given the poll result and also what I said about the weather.

To reiterate; accommodation is free this year, which means if you book a flight early on, this could be a really cheap vacation in what may be one of the most beautiful areas of the world. Trust me, I've been around the world a fair bit ;)

AGA

I'm trying to get those previous Mittens attendees who may no longer read the forums interested too.  We'll see!

abstauber

Sweden - especially Gothenburg sounds indeed very tempting. Unfortunately my vacation ends on 31th July.
Let's see if I can move it for a week. But yes: I'm very interested and we've got a direct ferry connection to Gothenburg :)

JudasFm

I wish I could come but it's just too far :( Never mind; I hope everyone who goes has a great time :D

Esseb

I'll sort out my vacation tomorrow, I might show up, it's only a (somewhat long) bus ride away.

I expect the 2003 Mittens game that was rumoured to be in development will be finished this year.

Andail

Of course you're coming, Esseb! And bring some board games in case it will rain.

Monsieur OUXX

I'm maintaining my interest, especially now that the dates are known.

Disco

Unfortunately I am out for this one. I had been counting on a September/October Mittens and planned accordingly.

Rather bummed to miss everyone, hoping plans are better for 2017. Enjoy!

AGA

We have booked flights on the specified dates.  We'll be arriving at Göteborg Landvetter Airport at 11:20 on 30 July.

Esseb

I haven't booked any flights since I'm just a short train ride away.

Andail

FYI, Esseb, unless you want to take the opportunity to visit Göteborg, you might want to get off at Uddevalla, and take the bus from there. If your train stops there, that is.

AGA

For that's four of us confirmed.  Smallest Mittens ever!

Bulbapuck

Oh wow, completely missed this.

I live in Gothenburg and have considered attending Mittens for years. So I'm definitely interested in this, just have to check if the dates aren't colliding with anything. But I don't think they do.

That is if it's okay. I have never attended a mittens and have been away from the forums for some time. Considering that it's your home Andail I feel I can't just say "count me in".

Andail

Quote from: Bulbapuck on Fri 20/05/2016 17:05:00

That is if it's okay. I have never attended a mittens and have been away from the forums for some time. Considering that it's your home Andail I feel I can't just say "count me in".

That's not how Mittens work; they're official meetings. I can't pick and choose my favourites from the forum less than everybody else can! Unless they're my mortal enemies, of which I have plenty.

Quote from: AGA
that's four of us confirmed.  Smallest Mittens ever!
Joel is pretty much confirmed, and last I spoke to YamiPanda she sounded pretty definitive as well.

2ma2

OK, yeah, another Mittens accessible by non-airborne means is to good to pass up. AGA's PM-campaign was truly effective on this ol' fool :=

I have a tent with room one additional Mittenee. The only downside as that a close friend insists on getting married on the 6th of August so I might need to depart from the festivities early, along with the aforementioned tent. Still, nothing a bit of organizational Tetris can't solve.

AGA

Hmm, so speaking of tents and sleeping spaces...  We weren't planning on bringing a tent, since we haven't paid for hold luggage.  Are enough Swedes / Scands going to bring tents for us to manage?  Also, what about bedding?  We can of course pay for hold luggage if there's a desperate shortage of stuff.

Also: hooray for Linus!

Andail

Only swedes need worry about tents :) I'm working on Blazej and Helm too; the former rather positive, the latter tentatively so. This might turn out a kind of reunion mittens :)
And yay for Linus indeed!

Snarky

Wish I could, but no summer holidays for me this year. So I'm a no after all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk