Mittens 2016: Orust, Sweden 30 July - 06 August

Started by AGA, Tue 29/09/2015 16:02:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldmund

Andail

Quote from: Goldmund on Mon 23/05/2016 21:42:30
Wheee! Me & Helm will come.

That is wondrous news. I shall slaughter our finest lamb.
Sausage. Lamb sausage.

Quote from: AGA on Mon 23/05/2016 14:54:17
Also, what about bedding?
Depends on how choosy you are; I'll try to procure an ample supply of sleeping bags and blankets and stuff, but there won't be a full set of bedding for each and every guest, no.

Creamy

It turns out that I don't have many vacation days left. You can delete me from the list :(

Miez

Damn ... Sweden is not so far away and I'd really like to attend. But I've taken a long (long!), hard look at my work schedule en financial situation and sadly I won't be able to make it this year. :~(
I'll just start saving for next year.

m0ds

What if others helped you with that? I don't know. I'm on the fence if I'm honest. I love pools. I don't love shitty lakes. But there are cool people, and if memory serves there is a nice place to have a fire and hear Andail drunkenly sing. But if I do I think I'll be a relatively last minute addition. Don't really care where I sleep I remember last time a huge spider everywhere so whatever, it's all the same ;) Is anyone hiring a car to and from somewhere? I liked the bus. But we were a group then. I'm not so keen on travelling alone about the place this time round. Hmm, still a maybe then I spose :)

Andail

Quote from: Mods on Tue 31/05/2016 02:07:34
I love pools. I don't love shitty lakes.
Wtf? That's the crisp clean ocean, my good sir. You prefer to swim around in the urine and chlorine of a pool instead of the liquid emerald that caresses the Swedish west coast?

What are you, an 85-year-old slightly demented ex millionaire? Shut up and book that flight already.

m0ds

Thanks Mr Motivator ;) Don't you live in Goteborg? Will you or anyone be driving from there? I mean half the people who are going don't even use AGS boards anymore how am I supposed to find out? :P Alternatively if you can just prepare some useful bus info or something to like, ease an anxious person's mind, I might book that ticket. Thank you!

ps. I need to ask monkey_05_06 about those files (he has the most up to date version) but hope to get them to you asap!

Andail

Okay, just updating the thread with some travel info.

From Gothenburg, buses depart from Nils Ericsson-terminalen, which is right next to the central station.

You take Stenungsund Express to Stenungsund station, where you change to bus Orust express which will stop at Edet on northern Orust.
Here's a site that will allow you to check the times.
http://reseplanerare.vasttrafik.se/bin/query.exe/sn?ld=fe1&OK#focus

Esseb will hop off at Uddevalla and take the Orust Express directly to Edet, which is a much quicker trip.

Once you get off the bus it's a 5 minutes' walk to the cottage, and I'll put up signs.

I'll drive up there on the 30th with my car, which has room for 4 passengers, so give me a shout if you want to tag along.

We will have to leave the cottage in the morning of August 6. If you need to stay another night in Gothenburg for connection reasons you can use the guest room of our apartment, but we won't be there ourselves until midnight or so, since we're going to a wedding that same day.

Planned activities for this Mittens:
* Mittolympics (with events such as archery with historically accurate bows, ring-tossing with historically accurate rings, darts, croquet etc)
* Beer and sing-along around bonfire
* Board games
* Board game jam (we'll form small teams and construct our own board games using a plethora of cards and pencils and other stationery I've probably nicked from work)
* AGS show and tell (bring memory sticks)

Since there's no booking or renting involved, you're free to show up with just a day's notice, but signing up late means you'll probably get to stay in a tent, depending on participation (which will probably be all time low, considering this is basically a plan B mittens).

Do post here if you have more questions!

Monsieur OUXX

OK so about the no-renting situation. I'm your typical camper and I don't care about sleeping under a tent. However it requires me to bring stuff (lseeping bag, and if confirmed, a tent!). So is there a way to kno more about that?

Also, can we have more details about financial participation? Like, surely we'll be asked to contribute to some stuff?

Andail

Alright, kind of important update here: Basically I need a role call at this point (by the end of this week, at least). After a recent round of cancellations (Helm, Goldmund, Joel) we're down to 9 people who are more or less confirmed, which is kind of dangerously low imho.

I'm aware this is a kind of contingency-mittens after the first plans were scrapped (Carribbean Mittens), so we knew participation was gonna be low, but 10 people feels like a lower limit personally. If fewer turn up, we could always make it a long weekend or half-week event instead.

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 18/07/2016 14:52:33
OK so about the no-renting situation. I'm your typical camper and I don't care about sleeping under a tent. However it requires me to bring stuff (lseeping bag, and if confirmed, a tent!). So is there a way to kno more about that?

Also, can we have more details about financial participation? Like, surely we'll be asked to contribute to some stuff?

Accommodation depends on number of mitteneers, and how far they've traveled. Guests from far away - which is you - will probably be given beds indoors. A sleeping bag is always nice if you can fit it, otherwise we'll try to sort that out for you.

As for financial participation - I don't know exactly what you mean here, but you pay for what you eat and drink and bring home for souvenirs. We'll regularly go buy groceries in a nearby supermarket, and there are also some restaurants there (thai, pizza, that kind of stuff) and we'll probably barbecue most days. If you mean water and electricity then that's on the house.

AGA

We have booked flights, so a cancellation or change of length would be inconvenient...

Go get Chrille on Facebook and talk Swedish at him until he comes.

Esseb

I'm just a short busride/train ride away, so I'll be there.

Andail

AGA, well obviously I'd let you stay there for the duration either way.

Esseb, great!

Ok. we'll be a merry bunch :) (but let's hope we don't get any more late cancellations...)

yamipanda

I'll be there. :)
I don't own a sleeping bag, so if anyone could provide one that would be nice. Even better would be if I could get an actual bed. That way you won't have to endure my complaining about how my back and everything hurts and how tired I am because I couldn't get my 8 hours. ;)

Andail

Quote from: yamipanda on Wed 20/07/2016 14:28:16
I'll be there. :)
I don't own a sleeping bag, so if anyone could provide one that would be nice. Even better would be if I could get an actual bed. That way you won't have to endure my complaining about how my back and everything hurts and how tired I am because I couldn't get my 8 hours. ;)

Check! :)

Chrille

Still thinking about this. I can't take the whole week off unfortunately, but I've got a tent and it's not a very long trip for me either so it doesn't really require much planning on my part. Hoping to spend a few days there at least.
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

2ma2

I'll be there. I've bought my train tickets already, so changes in length would be a tiny inconvenience, but I would've cut Mittens short by a day anyway since I'll attend a wedding at the 6th.

yamipanda

Is anyone else travelling from Stockholm and want to go together? :)

AGA

We're coming via Gothenburg airport. However I guess most people will be coming through Gothenburg at some point, so maybe we should all post our travel itineraries.

Arriving Gothenburg airport 11:20 30 July
Leaving TBD 06 August

yamipanda

I haven't bought tickets yet, but I'm going by train so.. I'll be at Gothenburg Central Station some time on the 30th.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk