I have changed my working schedule

Started by Crimson Wizard, Fri 02/10/2015 13:12:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

I wanted to tell about this, but was not sure where to post.
I mentioned this couple of time before in random threads, that I wanted to [ temporarily ] quit my job and devote more time to critical issues in AGS.
My company seniors have suggested a half-time work schedule instead, and I accepted. Since October (starting next week, to be precise) I am working half-time on my job (2 days a week).

This decision was made not only because of AGS. Mainly I was feeling like I am heading a wrong way in my life, getting desperate over doing not what I liked to do, and wanted to try something else.

I cannot say I will use all the time I have now solely for AGS project, but definitely I will be able to do more. Most importantly, this will allow me to work on bigger improvements that are hard to deal with when you have just small amount of free time per week.

Well, that's it :).

selmiak

Cool. I always encourage people to do what they want in their life, as long as you don't hurt anybody else in any way. Just keep an eye on that money, you won't have internet access under the bridge ;) 8-) :-D
Smells like faster release/update cycles for AGS, this is not that important with betas and nightly builts but bigger improvements is where it's at. Now build a full fledge 4K 3D gameengine with oculus support out of AGS plz. peace in the middle east would also be nice!

Snarky

Hey, I hope this works out for you and you find a way to be happier!

If it helps with AGS development, that's also nice. ;)

Radiant

Excellent choice.

I don't say that because of AGS, but because of having the courage to change your life into a new direction.

Slasher

Hats off I say (nod)

hope all goes well mate.

slasher

Mouth for war

mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

kconan

Half-time sounds good, hope it all works out for you 8-)

Ghost

I steam-cleaned my hat in order to be able to properly tip it.
Do your thing, man (nod)

Also please make the Make My Game button work again.

Dualnames

Make My Game still works, according to m0ds it points out to my mail address.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Stupot

Nice one Crim. Do whatever keeps you sane. ;-D

Mandle

Best of luck on the bold move...I am planning on doing similar in the (probably distant) future, but for the time being I'm very jealous! :)

Mehrdad

Great choice CW
I appreciate your improve AGS forever.
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

Mandle

A bit unrelated to, and yet intrinsic at the same time with what Crimson Wizard is doing with his life right now, and with what anyone who just decides to say screw it to the regular grind and follow their dream is attempting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iXa481te7c&list=PLbQ-gSLYQEc5ujo96H_iWCtyl1H9vYnjR&index=4

This is a video series by James Rolfe (best known as the Angry Video Game Nerd...but so much more an amazing person than just that) commenting on the horror movie "Night Of The Living Dead" while we watch through the entire movie on his actual old TV in his basement with him (yeah, I know it's superimposed on the TV screen but the mood is awesome)...

The further episodes of the video series are directly below the video in the comments section...

The reason I mention this here is because a lot of his commentary is devoted to the fact that the people who worked on this iconic movie did so purely out of the love for what they were creating and the sheer fun and joy that stems from that...I can't say it any better than Rolfe's commentary does so yeah, if only just for that it's worth a watch...

I would not have posted the link if it was as simple as just that though:

Rolfe also comments on a lot of the indie cinematic, musical score, and basic mood setting devices that were achieved in the film on a shoestring budget, which I feel could be very inspirational to indie game developers. A lot of it is basic stuff...some of it is deep...But he explains it all so as to be accessable to the layman...You do not have to have a degree in film making to understand what he is saying...

So yeah....unrelated to but intertwined with what this thread is all about...

Myinah

Cassiebsg

Congrats and Thanks Crimson!
Wish I had the economic stability to do something similar... :-[
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk