SOLVED - All imported sprites being replaced with blue cups

Started by Akril15, Wed 07/10/2015 06:12:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Akril15

My game has suddenly developed a serious problem. Every sprite I import gets replaced with the image of a blue cup when I add it to a view and run or save the game. I found another thread on this topic from 2008, but the scenario described in the last post doesn't apply to my situation.

I've tried importing different sprites, installing a fresh copy of AGS in a different folder (I'm using version 3.2.1, and I'm hesitant to change to a newer version at this point) and importing the sprite in that version, but I keep running into the same problem.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Mandle

Did you change the game resolution or colour settings midway through the project?

If so I think you need to import the sprites all over again into their original locations.

I could be wrong though.

AnasAbdin

First of all check your kitchen cabinet, if all your cups turned blue then you need an exorcist.

Akril15

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 07/10/2015 07:07:47
Did you change the game resolution or colour settings midway through the project?

If so I think you need to import the sprites all over again into their original locations.

I could be wrong though.
No -- the resolution and color haven't been changed.

Crimson Wizard

If every NEW import turns into blue cup, but all the old ones stay, then there is a chance it is another instance of the "sprite file is over 2 GB problem":
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=52379.0
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=52652.0

Check the size of the *.spr file in your project folder.

PS. I am planning to work to solve this after I finish number of current issues.

Akril15

I see...Looks like that must be my problem. My *.spr file is just over 2GB, and I have a number of full-screen images (used in movies in cases where video files wouldn't work) in my sprite file, so they must be taking up a good portion of that space. I'll attempt that "make BMPs into Dynamic Sprites" method you described in your first link.

Thank you, Crimson Wizard!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk