APOCRYPHA - a story game of intrigue

Started by YVY, Wed 21/10/2015 16:18:23

Previous topic - Next topic

YVY

Hello AGS! After many months of lurking, I am proud to finally present...

A game about megalomania and morally-questionable people driven to morally-questionable actions.

ââ,,¢Â¦   Ã¢â,,¢Â¦   Ã¢â,,¢Â¦   Ã¢â,,¢Â¦   Ã¢â,,¢Â¦

A professor returns to the beloved city of his past after a self-imposed exile,
hoping to reunite with those he loved - only to find himself lost within the altered fabric of the city's reality.
Amidst the chaos of shifting memories, a new religious military force has established its firm presence
as our protagonist works to uncover the events of what had happened, and where the beloved of his past lay entwined within the confusion.

ââ,,¢Â¦   Ã¢â,,¢Â¦   Ã¢â,,¢Â¦   Ã¢â,,¢Â¦   Ã¢â,,¢Â¦

Apocrypha is a wholly story-driven work, with all aspects of the game - both visual and mechanical - designed to support and add to the plot.
While there are puzzles, they are relatively simple, never reaching the complexity of the adventure genre, and can be solved based on intuition.
In that sense, the game is much like a walking simulator, however, half of the player's challenge is piecing together the story itself.

FEATURES

- an intriguing character-driven story as told through meticulous writing and environment
- glorious, full-color graphics in 1024 x 768 resolution (the screenshots aren't fullsize!)
- 7 differently-themed areas composed of over 100 unique, hand-drawn backgrounds
- a hidden, scandalous backstory scattered throughout the world :0!
- story integrated exploration-based puzzles
- beautiful, illustrated cutscenes
- doves! and murderous angels!

PROGRESS

In the following weeks I will set up a development blog to post WIPs and lamentations about font choices.
The game is currently set for early-mid 2016 commercial release, with a speedy Kickstarter in March.

Story - 95%
Artwork - 60%
Puzzles - 95%
Scripting - 25%
Sound - 0%

DEVELOPMENT TEAM

APOCRYPHA is a creative effort between myself, YVY (design, art, programming, story) & a good friend (writing, story).
I may be interested in additional programming help - if interested, feel free to contact me via PM

Blondbraid

This game has some great aesthetics, and the image below the title look simply marvelous! It will be most interesting to see how this game will turn out.

Stupot

Calypso

The plot outline has definitely piqued my interest! Looking forward to finding out more about this project.
Chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk