What do you see?

Started by Kumpel, Wed 21/10/2015 16:21:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Babar

Me too as a theatre!

I think the most major issue is that the horizon seems to be parallel to the base of the truck opening (instead of being...horizontal), so it makes it look like something connected to that- like a stage.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

SilverSpook

I worked up an idea for what you might do to make the town look like a town on fire.  Just throw some things that look like actual buildings.  You need the reference point there for the human eye to detect scale. 

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/QAgKRLA.png[/imgzoom]

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/N0EmIji.jpg[/imgzoom]

See the difference?  The little black squiggles were an improvement, but they could still just be a pile of firewood.  Put some rectangular upright things in there that resemble buildings.

Kumpel

I should have mentioned that my "squiggles" resemble a burning car wreck. Making it more clear looks odd I think.
The fire actually isn't far from the truck. They actually just drove by. so your suggestions with this house looks off perspectivewise.

Maybe I will thin the frame a bit. but i've seen pictures of trucks with almost as thick frames as mine.
And the hint with the horizontal line is really helpful. i will definitely think about that too.

I am actually much happier with it now. Thanks again guys.

Please comment on if you like!

SilverSpook

It's better, but now it mostly looks like a car crash.  I still think you need more town on fire.  More fire in the background, less soft evening-light-looking, more dramatic and stark?  One's home on fire is a terrible thing, man!  And this is your opening shot; punch up the drama and grab the player!

Martyn

now we talking!
that bench made it!

Cassiebsg

Just one more think for you to think about, but think you might have the focus wrong.
Atm you are focusing the image on the man and the truck, while the outside is a blur, but you probably really want the opposite. After all that's where the message you are trying to convey is, and also where the character's focus is.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Kumpel

I see your point but could you elaborate on this? Are you suggesting the POV of the scene doesn't work? :X

A friend just told me he sees a man besides a cozy oven... I am freaking out xD

Cassiebsg

The POV works fine IMHO, it's the focus that maybe not so much.
Try doing the inside of the truck and the man more a blur (but don't lose the man's shape) and the outside more sharp and defined, so that you won't have a doubt that that's a city, a car, a street, an explosion, flames... And if you are up to it, then do a few extra frames so the "town" gets further away and you see "movement" in the street/road.
Might be worth a try and see if then everyone can see the same as you do. ;)

Blondbraid

I believe that the metal arches inside the truck are brighter than they should be, since everything else in the truck is covered in darkness and only lit up from the fire outside. They also draw away focus from the face and the fire. And the tears on his cheek are too dark, unless he has a lot of mascara tears don't leave black trails.

Kumpel

So NOW I think I can say "finally!".

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/krXRi7H.png[/imgzoom]

What do you guys think?

MiteWiseacreLives!

Now that relates a story.

Blondbraid

Much better! It looks captivating.

Cassiebsg

Yes, much better. ;-D
Try adding a pinch of white to the tear(s) and don't make the eyes a "black hole". Cause right now he looks like he's got black paint where his eyes are... like in a censured  poster, where they put a black box over the censured part.

But other than that it looks great to me. No doubt what it is. (nod)

Stupot

Loving this most recent iteration. Very nice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk