[SOLVED] Speech / Say using Box or Background

Started by Priabudiman, Sun 25/10/2015 11:04:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Priabudiman

Hello, i wonder if i we can use background textbox in top of our character while doing speech / say.

I know that we can use sierra style on top with picture, but what i need is the textbox in a style of comic book ballon.

Something like :

Maybe anyone can help me with this? Probably theres some code or maybe some gui needs to be created for this?

Thank you in advance.

Priabudiman

Im pretty sure its not there when i search text bubble in the search and in google.

Im so sorry for missing that, thank you so much Khris!

Khris

No problem, I found it by searching tech topics for "bubble". However, I already knew it existed ;)

Priabudiman

Quote from: Khris on Mon 26/10/2015 00:20:43
No problem, I found it by searching tech topics for "bubble". However, I already knew it existed ;)

Because you're there! hehe..

I managed to create the bubble, and apply it to a GUI, but the problem is, it didn't work with lucas art style speech, and when i try change to sierra, it appears on top and theres a portrait, what i need is the bubble become the background of the normal lucasart style speech.

Khris

In that case you have to do everything manually. The method in the thread is about setting up a Textwindow GUI; LucasArts speech uses textual overlays.

Priabudiman

I get it now! Ill try tamper with the positioning and shape of sierra , remove the talking picture, and recreate it using a custom gui. / overlays.

Ill rebrowse the forum for some basic ideas and info about that.

Thanks a ton Khris!

Kumpel

There is a lucasarts speech moudle for speech bubbles too! But it is hard to mod cause it's french and sophisticated, at least it was hard for me to understand it.
phylactere modul

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk