Fullscreen mode- How do I cover ALL of the screen? (1024x768)

Started by Lucas, Sat 31/10/2015 15:43:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas

Hello, after lurking in the forums for quite a long time, I've decided to ask my first question.  So!
I've set my game resolution to be 1024x768, and my intention was to make a game that covered ALL of the screen. I mean all, not this:

As you can see in the example, AGS crops the screen so it doesn't get stretched, I guess. However, my game would shine 10 times more If I was allowed to use the whole screen. (By the way, in the compiled folder, changing the filters did not help, it just stood the same, I don't understand why.)
Help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Cassiebsg

The obvious question would be: is your background 1024x768? AGS will add black borders aorund it if your picture is smaller.
If that's not it, then I don't know. Never had that problem.
Might help if you specify which version you are using, template and any relevant info.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Lucas

Yes, my background is exatcly 1024x768. I'm using the latest version, 3.3.4.
I was using the default template, and later I tried the empty, same results.

Some weeks ago I created another game, for testing purposes, with 320x200 as its resolution . In full screen,
there are black borders at the top and bottom, but none at the sides. :-\

Mandle

Isn't there a "Fit To Size" option or something like that available for a choice of screen res?

I remember seeing such in other AGS games, but I'm no expert on how to use it or even if it's helpful in this case...

Best of luck: The game looks beautiful!

Snarky

1. What is your desktop resolution?
2. What version of AGS are you using?

Jack

In my experience, this is what "Force alternate letter box resolution" does when it works. "Side borders on widescreen monitors" may also be enabled. So you might try disabling those. This only tends to happen in newer versions of of AGS. You can adjust these settings via the winsetup utility in the compiled folder.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 01/11/2015 01:13:23
Isn't there a "Fit To Size" option or something like that available for a choice of screen res?
This option exists in AGS 3.4.0.

In pre-3.4.0 two different options exist, regarding borders, as JackLucy mentioned in previous post, although they are now called a bit differently (Enable side borders and Enable top/bottom borders).

I would like to note, though, that pre-3.4.0 versions of AGS had certain annoying limitations to which display resolutions they may use. This was because of how AGS worked internally. These limitations are now removed in AGS 3.4.0.

A while ago I explained the nature of these limitations, this may be read here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=50257.msg636485107#msg636485107

Lucas

Crimson Wizard and JackLucy, that's exactly it! I figured it had to be something simple. Sorry if I was too noobish :P
Btw Mandle, this isn't my game, it's a pic from Harvey's new eyes I just used for exemplifying.
Thanks a lot, everyone! :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk