What do you do while you are programimg?

Started by Quickstrike, Mon 07/04/2003 04:42:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Quickstrike

What do you do when you program?  I listen to "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zepplin or watch Tellivision (sometimes I do both at the same time!)
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

auhsor

Well i program...

Oh so you mean other stuff. We i listen to music and stuff.

Barcik@School

jannar85

I mastrubate.... Oh yeah...

Just kidding!

I'm listening to music....mostly...stuff...
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Butcher

I like having team sex with the Swedish women's beach volleyball team.

But then again...I'm getting pretty tired of that...

GET OUT AND LET ME PROGRAMME YOU BITCHES!
---------------------

Squinky

* Squinky opens his door, excitedly inviting the misplaced swedish women in...

Roy Lazarovich

I always have the TV on, no matter what I do, except when I sleep, and it's always on on Cartoon Network unless I know there is something better someplace else

Evil

CheapAlert

Bathroom breaks, box o' cheezitz. I usually code 200+ lines a day
I AM THE STAR TREK ADVENTURE MAKER.

jannar85

Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

c.leksutin

you guys know how to program?  damn, I really am outta the loop around here...

C.

Andail

IIIIIIII

(Has nothing to do with the topic, I just mark the times Butcher pulls the "Swedish women's beach volleyball team"-joke)

Esseb

Q: What do you do while you are programming?

A: Make programs!

Any prizes for the correct answers?

TerranRich

I listen to music, and I have other windows open as diversions some of the time, like the AGS forums, etc. In fact, I'm working on a program right now...maybe I should go back to it...

Squinky

You can't ever go wrong with the swedish women....

Creed Malay

Drink, smoke, stare at the wall or out of the window at the giant crows that haunt my garden and bully the sparrows, talk to any friends who happen to have called 'round, swear at my computer or myself, listen to music - heavy stuff if I'm working on something dark, happier stuff if I'm working on something less morose, Beatles or Joplin....
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

m0ds

It's a bit of an odd question. I mean, what do you do whilst your having a shower? You wash. And relax.

When you're programming you can't exactly partake in the Forumla 1 at the same time. So yes, I listen to music, and program.

:P
m0ds

Dave Gilbert

I listen to jazz mostly.  Really mellows me out and puts me in the right frame of mind.  I used to listen downloaded tracks from the Grim Fandango soundtrack before I got sick of it.  

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Think. Type. Think again. Curse at the computer.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Squinky

I seem to mostly listen to music like rem, cake, weezer, and mostly more cake....why I don't know, but for some reason cake gets me rockin....weird....

Oh, and I also take some time out to draw, and get yelled at by my hot-ass wife.....

Relight

switch back and forth to the help file. :P

hmm  ::)

Jimi

I either listen to Jimi Hendrix, take time out and draw some Rodney McNab Comic strips, or talk to Mats Berglinn.

Andail

While I program I do the dishes, take a stroll in the park and plant trees.

Jimi

Yeah, well obviously! Everybody does that....

Matt Brown

I....

1. Curse
2. listen to music. Right now, Its jazz+funk+fusion for me. herbie hancock stuff, and soem ol' buddy rich
3. eat. mmmmmm...hot pockets
4. program
5. take frequent breaks to go outside. programming hurts my brain sometimes.
word up

Nacho

Well, I have a ritual... I use Kazaa to download the best song of the moment (in my oppinion) for me... And I listen it once and again. It is funny because the NACHO´S SONG OF THE MOMENT could be anyone... From the Monkeys to the last Kate Ryan´s song... So my shared folder for Kazaa is a big mess....

P.S. I do not programme, I paint, but I suppose it´s similar...  :)
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Relight

Actually, I listen to Matthew Good while programming. It's vindictive (in a hopeful sort of way) and that's helpful because programming can be a bitch.

Snake

Listen to music if during the day, if at night, the line-up on TV usually is the Cosby Show, followed by Cheers, Wings...Nick@Nite stunf...

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

remixor

Listen to music and become depressed at my sub-par scripting skills.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

remixor

Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Eero

Hmm....

I do like Farlander. I hear one song about 15x times in a row. Then hear the other one and so on...
Then I always eat something like pies and so and drink something good...
Then I curse like Mr. Panda, because programming language makes some random errors while compiling, and next time I try without changing anything it shows other errors... >:(
Then I go out for a while to relax.
Then I return to computer and repeat the things mentioned above... ;D

I curse a lot when i program to. darn! idiot! fool! ugly!

as you can see, I had a pretty rough childhood:-p

no. I listen to slipknot and Dimmu Borgir and sometimes Marduk.

I'm a hardcore metalfan!
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Jimi

Riight....I also say idiot and poo......(F***)  :-X

earlwood

I shake my head, look at my storyboard, sigh, take a shower, then go outside. All the  while pretending that I really wanted to program..but something..just came up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk