Spot The Difference

Started by CaptainD, Mon 09/11/2015 10:41:12

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

@Cassibsg - not me, I'm right handed, but an interesting hypothesis!
@Mandle - nice idea, will try to do something like that.  I'll add buttons to turn both on or off though.

Thanks everyone - I had basically expected this little project of mine to pass by completely unnoticed!

Cassiebsg

Btw, my little one was able to almost solve the 1st puzzle by him self! (nod) He found all the 4 different shapes, but only until I asked what color the eye was he found the last one. (laugh) He found the mouse cursor hard to use, mostly cause he's used to using the windows pointer... Second screen was harder for him... found the "bridge" right away, but the lines I had to help him, and he never noticed the clouds... (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Frodo

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 11/11/2015 16:53:20
I'm wondering, are you guys maybe left handed? ;)

Yep, I'm a lefty  :grin:

Cassiebsg

Guess it makes sense to mark the picture closer to your hand holding the pen/pencil... (nod)
CaptainD is just an odd one them. (laugh)

Guess maybe if you were taught to mark them on one side, then makes sense to mark them on that side forever, since you already used to it. ;)

CaptainD

Hope your little one enjoyed it!  I will definitely make a few more really easy ones.  This (and my other edutainment project) seem to be struggling to stay at the level they were originally intended to be, keep wanting to add slightly more difficult / complex elements to them.

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 12/11/2015 16:57:54
CaptainD is just an odd one them. (laugh)
Can't argue with that! :-D

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 12/11/2015 16:57:54
Guess maybe if you were taught to mark them on one side, then makes sense to mark them on that side forever, since you already used to it. ;)

I decided against that... I mean, what if someone different wanted to have a go? (roll)

Also, I've added to my To Do list an option to change between cross-hairs and a cursor.

Thanks again for the feedback. ;)

Cassiebsg

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 12/11/2015 21:19:02
I decided against that... I mean, what if someone different wanted to have a go? (roll)

Errmmm.... think you misunderstood me... I didn't meant not to give the option left/right, I was just making an observation on the way we normally mark these "spot the differences" on paper. ;)

CaptainD

Ah sorry... yes I did (completely! :-D) misunderstand you!

CaptainD

If anyone would like to contribute a scene or two from one of their own games, please PM me. 

Basically all I would need is:

The original image (140x140px), one with the differences, and preferably one with the differences highlighted - you don't need to stick to 5 differences btw, but try not to have them too close together.

I'll try to get a new version out soon.

CaptainD

New version uploaded.  Now also on the AGS database.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1977/
(Primary download location is GameJolt, mirror is Itch.io)

Change log:
- 1 extra screen added (7 in total now)
- Option to change mouse cursor / cross-hairs
- SFX taken out for now
- Text at start of each screen telling you about the scene and what game it's from
- Menu screen now indicates  screens you have already completed (you can see this in the new menu screenshot)

Coming soon:
- More screens including some from A Landlord's Dream and Fanbots
- Background music

Slasher

This is one of those games where improvements can be made and additions added at anytime..

"Cute game that was fun. Kids would like it. Took me back a few years. Short but sweet. Recommended."

nice work captain (nod)

CaptainD

Quote from: slasher on Thu 19/11/2015 10:07:33
This is one of those games where improvements can be made and additions added at anytime..

That's the idea! 8-)

More screens including a contribution from Cassiebsg and some minor improvements added.  Music coming soon!  Uploaded latest version to both GameJolt and Itch.

CaptainD

Another update, an extra puzzle (bit trickier this time), and music including a haunting piece by Emont.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1977/

Myshkin

Heh, hope it's not too haunting... I was going for "nostalgic" but things always end up a little darker than I intend ;)

If anyone's small child is creeped out by the music I'll do something a little brighter, like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sOadAaGiq4

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk