Life Is Strange !!!SPOILERS!!!

Started by cat, Mon 16/11/2015 18:17:19

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Last weekend we finished playing Life Is Strange (i.e. episode 5). We were 3 people playing on the XBox with a friend operating the controls and making decisions together.

Have you played the game?
How did you like it?
How did you decide?

WARNING, HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD, DON'T READ UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY FINISHED THE GAME!

Spoiler

I think it was a great game. The time-rewind mechanic worked pretty well for most of the game. The puzzles were a mixed bunch with several stupid fetch quests, but the dialog puzzles were great. Also the puzzles that required rewinding after going somewhere or taking an item were often very clever. The voice acting was great and worked well with the facial expressions. I did like the graphic style a lot, I think it fitted the atmosphere.
I also loved that you could explore so much stuff, read random posters and flyers, talk to characters, the pictures at the gallery...

About the decisions:
We sacrificed Chloe. We thought she was annoying throughout the game, so it was an easy decision.
We tried to set up Warren with Brooks, which sadly didn't work.
We saved Kate.
[close]

qptain Nemo

Loved it. It's now one of my favorite games of all time. The only disappointment is how little all the choices ultimately matter. But it's an exciting and interesting journey nonetheless.
Spoiler
Sacrificed Arcadia Bay. I totally loved Chloe so it was an easy decision for me as well. Didn't romance her though. Didn't romance Warren either.
[close]

Myinah

I loved it. My brother, boyfriend and I all played it. My brother made me play my game on his PC hooked up to the TV so he could watch. He wanted to see how our stories differed as we are quite different players and it turned out very differently for the two of us.

Spoiler

To start the only similarity we had was be both hated Warren with a passion. We were cold as ice to him all through the game. That whiny creep bugged the crap out of me. Both our max characters friend zoned him hard. I even made him blow up his Chem experiment which made him get a crappier grade.

I felt like my choices really mattered right up until the end. My brother played Max as much meaner. He also doesn't remember dialog as well as me and doesn't notice as many details so he couldn't save Kate, but I could. I had things like visiting her in hospital, he had her funeral etc. He didn't try to save Victoria from Nathan which I did, but that ultimately wasn't so great for her!

He accused David, I accused Nathan because I knew he was dodgy, although I said from episode one the photography teacher would be a serial killer creep. They gave him the perfect amount of creep vibe that you could waver and doubt him all the time, but shrug it off.

I didn't mind the ending only having two choices because I knew that would happen. The world was clearly ending and max would have to choose who to save. The choices you make shape the game up until that moment. It's about shaping the journey of the game. You always end up at the same destination but the paths to get there are varied and rich in detail. Like because I accused Nathan my dorm room got messed up and I got nasty texts but my bro didn't have any of that.

It's kind of philosophical in that way. Ultimately are we all headed towards the same fixed point in our future but the paths we take are all different and wide open. My brother and I both opted to save the town. He never told me which choices he made because he wanted to see what I did. We both felt like Chloe knew the lives of the many were more important and she wanted to make the sacrifice. My partner called us heartless because he saved Chloe. I found the choice heartbreaking as my Max was in love with Chloe, but I had to save the town. My brother's Max was only platonic for Chloe as far as he was concerned so it wasn't as heartbreaking.

[close]

So yeah! Great stuff from Don't Nod! Remember Me showed promise and they really delivered with Life is Strange.

Dualnames

I loved it, i did stuff, but seriously

Spoiler
FUCK VICTORIA CHASE AND THE HORSE SHE RODE IN ON
[close]
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk