Game hanging up when trying to test it.

Started by vladeK, Fri 20/11/2015 15:48:44

Previous topic - Next topic

vladeK

I don't know whether or not to post this on this forum or the Beginner's one, so I'll move it if necessary. Here's the problem: I was working on my game, but when I wanted to test it, it would show the window that says it's opening, and then it locks up and the game doesn't start (it appears in Task Manager, though). I got it to work once :), but it didn't work on subsequent tries :(. Oddly enough, my previous game, which previously worked, also does the same thing, but a previous project I currently put on hold doesn't, and still works properly. I also tried reinstalling AGS, complete with deleting the registries, (still didn't work), as well as try to run the game on a different computer, where it did work. I don't know if it's a problem with the computer (I tried running it with a different account, same result), or a problem with the code.
Does anyone know what the problem might be ? I am running Windows 7.
No idea what to do in life, but that will not stop me from enjoying it.

Retro Wolf

Any of your files located in a file syncing folder? I used to have problems but then I disabled Dropbox.

vladeK

No they aren't.
Also, I should mention that it does the same thing when I start it outside AGS. My previous game does the same thing, but the archived version I posted on the website still works properly. Might have something to do with the file location ?
No idea what to do in life, but that will not stop me from enjoying it.

Khris

Do you have an invasive Anti-Virus program? I had similar problems until I disabled Deep-Screen in my Avast settings.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk