Unexpected Error Access To Path D:\dq\_debug\dq.exe is denied

Started by Djdean, Tue 24/11/2015 09:25:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Djdean

I wrote part of a game a few years back using AGS but never finished it. Recently I found the old folders and decided to give it another go. Unfortunately every time I try to test run the game I get this error.

I'm using windows 10 if that helps any and have changed all permissions to allow access as well as run AGS as administrator. Twice it has actually let me back into the game and I got really excited only to have it deny me the next time I tried to run it. The one time I got it to run I had copied the folder to a new location (out of my documents and onto the D:\ partition) the next time it ran was off the original copy in my documents.

I'm using Avast antivirus which I have also tried disabling since I saw an earlier thread where someone figured out that his antivirus (Comodo?) was causing the problem. I have also put all the related folders in the exceptions list for the anti-virus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pinback

Bump.

I've been having this same problem for a fortnight now.

Sometimes it runs after I turn off Avast, set access as admin etc. Then I run the same procedure and it gives me the "access to path denied" error.

I've trawled the forums for hours, created over a dozen test builds, tried several versions of AGS.

I give up, I need help.

EDIT) Perhaps it's the new "lightweight BASS test stub"... Seems I can get it not to crash like crazy using just a default template. Hmm.

RosstheBoss0

I've gotten this error too, using the lightweight BASS test stub, certain however a few months ago I was using the same thing but never once got that error.

Still would like to know how to fix this.

Crimson Wizard

A number of people reported similar problem, yet on other windows systems.

Which version of AGS are you using?
Can you try putting your game project somewhere else, like to User Documents folder, in the sake of experiment?
Does the game run if you do "Run without debugger" or running game in Compiled folder by doing "Build EXE" and starting game from setup (Build -> Run game setup -> Save and Run)?

Benjiman33

Hi, I have the same issue using 3.3.4
I tried to move the game in another folder, it didnt change anything
I tried to launch it with (access denied) or without debugger (nothing happened and i have to crash the game) but still not working :(
I cannot even compile it or use the older compiled game.

What can i do ?

Crimson Wizard

Benjiman33, which Windows do you use?
Does this happen to any newly created game, or only to some project you were developing for some time?

Quote from: Benjiman33 on Fri 01/01/2016 17:17:49
I cannot even compile it or use the older compiled game.
Could you elaborate what do you mean by this?

Quote from: Pinback on Wed 09/12/2015 01:43:22
EDIT) Perhaps it's the new "lightweight BASS test stub"... Seems I can get it not to crash like crazy using just a default template. Hmm.
Pinback, could you elaborate what you mean by this? Is the game created with BASS template causes you crashes? Which are these?

Benjiman33

Hi Crimson,

Thank for the help !
After some testing i think avast was the problem. When i disabled it, it worked (i had the same issue for new projects) !
Now when i launch it with avast "on" i have a new message :

I wait 15sec and it works.

I think there is an issue with avast not allowing AGS to access some files.
For me just launching AGS without avast and activating avast after solved my problem. Now i have the message shown on my picture.

Crimson Wizard

Well, I am glad it worked, although I did not do anything :).

It also happened to me with Avira antivirus.

Seeing as this causes trouble to more people, I will see if I can contact Avast manufacturers about this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk