[Winners] SPRITE JAM: Monkey Island gone furry... (grab your trophies...)

Started by Mad, Tue 24/11/2015 19:19:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad

...yeah, I know what you're thinking. Again with Monkey Island? Furries, you gotta be...
But hear me out:
Choosing a game franchise so well known and (maybe) over-/abused, is beneficial since in this case we want the sprites to be easily recognisable,  but seen in a new light. Also, we're not really talking about furries. Let's rather call them anthropomorphic animals!

So, what if our favourite wannabe pirate and posse were anthropomorphic animals?

If you are willing, your task would be to give a Monkey Island character animal form. You can choose any character from all of the series and draw your sprite in any resolution and style you're comfortable with.
One thing to keep in mind,  is to choose an animal that best fits the characters personality.

Here's some inspiration that instantly came to mind.

Hope, this takes your fancy and happy spriting...

Mad

Nice entry there Grok!

And I also think that entry deserves some competition.

Luckily,  there's still a week to go, so come on guys and gals,  get spriting...

cat

Frikker

at the rate Stan's arms flail about, the walk animation for that would just be a tornado-like spherical blur with legs .... :-D

Mad

Do enter one of your great zany creations!

Pretty please... with a cherry on top... or a whole cherry cake!!!

Eggie

I've tried!

Kate Catsize! Intended to be in the style of a Spy Fox character.

Mad

Trophy Time!!!

Eggie: great sprite. Very recognisable although realised in a different style. I also think usability is key here.

Grok: really nice line work and a great stance.

cat: nice one. Actually the best choice of animal!

Thanks to all of you for participating.

Take it away Eggie...

ps: wasn't aware of spy fox. Looks great, thanks!

Eggie

It's too bad more people didn't enter, I'd have loved to see more takes on this!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk