MONSTER WANTS IN (MAGS NOV 2015 Version)

Started by Mandle, Mon 30/11/2015 15:06:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

MONSTER WANTS IN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~MONSTER WANTS IN (MAGS VERSION)~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the version of the game I created for the November,2015 MAGS contest.

I plan to expand the gameplay of this game, polish it further, and eventually release a complete version.

This version represents only the bare-bones gameplay which is basically just "Whack-A-Mole" at the moment.

A monster is breaking through the door from the other side. The idea is to hold the door by bracing the sections it is attacking.

Just click on the dark spots that appear on the door as fast as you can. There is no way to survive the encounter with the monster. Your goal is to outlast its onslaught for as long as possible. Your final score is how long you survived plus how many times you blocked the monster.

In the full release all this will change: You will be able to fight back against the monster and possibly even win, or maybe just outlast it until dawn when it will slink away back into the crawlspaces.

Anyways...Good luck and...

Don't lose face!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~Ross Kevin Moffat AKA Mandle~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Game Features:

* A MONSTER!!!
* Atmosphere
* WHACK-A-MOLE!!!
* Animation
* Sound Effects
* VIOLENCE!!!
* Voice acting of an excellent quality!!!

Please don't forget to vote in the 2015 NOVEMBER MAGS CONTEST if you played this game and all the other worthy entries...

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

BEST EXPERIENCED IN A DARK ROOM WITH HEADPHONES AND FULL VOLUME
Headphones Disclaimer:
Spoiler
A lot of games that suggest headphones do so because there is some ridiculously loud jumpscare sound effect (mostly that same one). Not so in my game: I just found that some of the sounds were quite subtle and, to my ears at least, were much easier heard with headphones. There are a few loud noises but I avoided the usual "blow-the-player's-eardrums-out" variety.
[close]

Mandle

After releasing the game and having a few playthroughs before collapsing for the night I managed to achieve what is for me an insanely good score:

Can anyone beat that?

Fitz

116 on my first try. But I'll keep trying.

Congrats on the release! And it's good that you've been practicing frantic clicking, because you'll need that in a few places in Magenta, too. I call them "click time events" ;)

Slasher

i'm going to give a good shot (nod)

hope the monster doesn't eat me (laugh)

congrats on release...

Cassiebsg

Congrats on the release! :-D

And slasher, I can assure you... the monster will eat you! (laugh)(nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

That was fun! The monster was looking great as well. Although it was hard to play with my crappy mouse :P

selmiak

:-D
Give me back my face! This goes under my skin!
What a great game.
But please add a better mousecursor. Sometime I didn't know where I was clicking.

Mandle

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 30/11/2015 22:21:41
But please add a better mousecursor. Sometime I didn't know where I was clicking.

Ah, thanks for that! I knew there was one last thing I had forgotten to cross of my mental TO DO list...Maybe I should try a pencil and paper...

FIXED: The mouse cursor is now the pointer icon.

This makes the game quite a bit easier to play and I hope those who had already downloaded the hand icon version download this version and give it a try. Sorry for the inconvienience.

(My high-score above was achieved on the hand-icon version though :P )

AnasAbdin

Mandle your games are always fun to play!

I jumped my seat the first time :<

Stupot

Nice job mate. The smashing wood effect is pretty sweet. I will get my proper mouse out especially for this.

Mandle

Thanks to all for the positive feedback!

It means so much to me to hear that:

(A) The game was fun!
(B) The mood I was going for was at least achieved to some degree.
(C) I jumpscared AnasAbdin.
Now I must get back to playing the other brilliant entries...HAVING SO MUCH FUN!!!

Eggie

I'm very terrible at this game but let's just pretend I was enthusiastic to see as much of the cool monster graphic as I could.

Really well made thing! I think if it was rebuilt in something that ran in a browser could be a lil cult hit at spooky sleepovers

Mandle

Quote from: Eggie on Sun 06/12/2015 16:52:01
I'm very terrible at this game but let's just pretend I was enthusiastic to see as much of the cool monster graphic as I could.

Really well made thing! I think if it was rebuilt in something that ran in a browser could be a lil cult hit at spooky sleepovers

Cheers for your time to both check the game and comment. Interesting idea about the browser version. I might have to look into that if and when the game is actually fully finished.

Mandle

Well...MAGS is over...

As a joke for the MAGS thread I tried for a new personal best high-score in my own game and actually got it on the first try:

Here's the new high-score to beat if anyone could be bothered trying:

To get this score I reeeaaally had to concentrate, try not to blink, and push my reflexes to the limit...

If anyone could beat it I for one would have to be impressed!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk