MAGS December "Depleted" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Tue 01/12/2015 11:24:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Sun 27/12/2015 20:47:34
Okay mine is finished, apart from waiting for a title screen (which will be awesome as it's by one of the most talented artists on the AGS forums, pity it will make my in-game graphics look even more awful! :-D)

So...In other words...Just like old consoles' cover art vs. graphics?

How awesomely nostalgic!

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 28/12/2015 00:19:38
Okay mine is finished, apart from waiting for a title screen (which will be awesome as it's by one of the most talented artists on the AGS forums, pity it will make my in-game graphics look even more awful! :-D)

So...In other words...Just like old consoles' cover art vs. graphics?

How awesomely nostalgic!

Yup, pretty much! 8-)

JudasFm

The game mechanics and GUIs are all in, programmed and working, along with some of the character sprites.  Now I just have to draw the remaining rooms and animate the main character. The game's turned out much, much simpler than I intended for it to be, but it should be a completed game and should be working :-D

Funkpanzer

Okay mine is finished, apart from waiting for a title screen (which will be awesome as it's by one of the most talented artists on the AGS forums, pity it will make my in-game graphics look even more awful! :-D) - and adding 3 or possibly 5 difficulty levels, which will be very easy to do (just setting some variables).

How are everyone else's entries going?

Congrats on finishing up!

I've found a much simpler way to have multiple states for all my NPC's and will be spending most of my time left cleaning things up before trying to get the 4th and 5th level in. It also turns out the game I made is really unfun! :grin:

Mandle

Quote from: Funkpanzer on Mon 28/12/2015 18:28:52
It also turns out the game I made is really unfun! :grin:

Excuse me but: WE'LL be the judge of that!!! :P

Quote from: Creamy on Mon 28/12/2015 18:37:22

I refuse to believe that from some random passing...erm...I wanna say: "bar-maaiiid"?

But: Awwwwwwwwwwwww too bad, if it turns out to be the truth...It is a busy season though, so very understandable...but: :~(

Noto

The game's about 70% done in its current state. Here's hoping I can somehow get the last 30% in the next two days.

Lack of updates have been intentional. I've noticed I'd much rather surprise the public all at once than give bits and pieces away. The only thing I can reveal is that it deals with the theme in a much more symbolic, non-literal way. I imagine I'll be interpreting every month's theme like this.

Mandle

Last stretch! How's everyone looking?

I'm sooooo excited to get some new games to play along with the new year! Anyone almost ready to submit?! Pleeeeaaaase?

Atavismus

Hi there!

Not sure, but it seems we'll be a bit late.
Maybe we would need one more day...
We'll let you know.

Good luck all for the last stretch! :)

Funkpanzer

So many things were cut... :~(

So many broken things remain...

This screenshot is a very accurate depiction of the state of things (if you're having trouble figuring out what is happening then we are in the same boat):

I think I'll be able to have the first four levels complete by tomorrow but no promises! You guys might be playing a coffee burning simulator. Who can tell!?

JudasFm

I'm 80% done, but right now I'm also 100% sick with a fever and just want to curl up in front of New Year's TV with a bowl of comfort food. So I'm really sorry, but I won't be making the deadline on this one.

I'll still release the game when it's done though :)

CaptainD

Quote from: Atavismus on Thu 31/12/2015 08:11:32
Maybe we would need one more day...

I would be happy with a one-day extension tbh... I have the game basically finished but would like to add a little more polish.  But since technically according to Stupot's rules I have until midday tomorrow anyway, I may well be able to get it done by then.

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sun 27/12/2015 21:46:25
Things are looking promising. Good luck wrapping up your depleted projects. 3 days left. Deadline is when it is no longer 2015 anywhere in the world. :-D

CaptainD

Quote from: JudasFm on Thu 31/12/2015 09:37:19
I'm 80% done, but right now I'm also 100% sick with a fever and just want to curl up in front of New Year's TV with a bowl of comfort food. So I'm really sorry, but I won't be making the deadline on this one.

I'll still release the game when it's done though :)

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you feel better soon!

Noto

In the 80% boat. I was thinking I'd stay up all night to finish the game but the anxiety is killing me.

I'm currently debating on entering something completely rushed and awful or taking another week to actually glue the game together.

Stupot

Seems a few people could do with a bit more time.
Let's have one extra day.
The deadline is when it's no longer Jan 1st anywhere in the world (or, to be more specific than last month, 12pm GMT on January 2nd).

Good luck finishing them off.
Sorry to hear you are ill, Judas.  I had a mad fever in NYE last year, so I feel your pain. Get well soon.

Note: January's MAGS will start as normal.

CaptainD

You're a good MAGS host, Charlie Brown! ;)

Atavismus

Quote from: CaptainD on Thu 31/12/2015 12:03:32
You're a good MAGS host, Charlie Brown! ;)
Yup! Thx Stupot!
Good luck all!
Take care JudasFm :)

Ponch

The future city of Arcology 19 has been struck by a sudden shortage of quality single men. This has left the nubile lovelies of this city no choice except to lower their standards in a desperate attempt to find sub-par, marginally acceptable romance.

Into this heart-shaped void swoops Detective Prick Peckard, Barn Runner*, single man, and head of the city's Robot Crime Division. He's ready for the honeys... but are the honeys ready for this cop?

Presenting a game so dazzlingly fresh and new that I guarantee you've never seen anything like it!**
(No, really, you haven't. You may think you have, but you're clearly wrong) 

HUNIECOP®
100% Original Idea! Do Not Steal!

With the women in his life finally ready to scrape the bottom of the love barrel, Prick can choose his target and decide how best to approach her. In this case, he's chosen Chief of Police Holly at the Police Precinct. Sweet talk her! Ply her with gifts! Ask her what her cup size is! Woo her enough, and you can ask her on a date! Try and remember what her favorite movie is and other details she'll slip into the conversation and expect you to remember days and months later, usually with no notice! Shove booze at her, pretend to pay attention, and hope to get lucky at the end of the night! It's the most perfect dating simulator ever!

Debbie is one of the star members of the SWAT team, so take her to her favorite place: The Gun Range! Give her the gift of unlicensed firearms and Mexican food! Make more small talk! Do you best to remember the name of that cherished stuffed animal she had as a little girl. When you're ready to navigate the minefield that is dating, then randomly try to match some icons while avoiding matching others. It's abstract, arbitrary, angering, awesome, and addicting -- just like actual dating! Again, this is an idea so original, I may just create a Patreon and live off the money as it comes rolling in!

Also, save up enough cash and/or romance points, and you buy extras like unlockable outfits and hairstyle. Dress up the object of affection like she's your own Realdollâ,,¢ with no will of her own! Did you know Debbie likes to listen to the Ramones and is fond of wearing big 80s hair? She does if you say she does!

Fill up your Date-O-Meter by winning the date game before you run out of moves and you'll add to her all important "Tingle Rating." The more successful dates you have, the closer you are to closing the deal!

Once you have that Tingle Rating high enough, she'll wear racier outfits and you can take her to really skeevy places like Hot Tubs and Massage Parlors and Naked Pink Pong clubs (the sort of creepy places she'd never go under normal circumstances). Just remember that her loneliness + booze + lots and lots of expensive gifts from you = your ticket to success! Act now before this window of opportunity closes!

Whoops! It's already too late! I ran out of time over the holidays to finish this game. Too bad really; it was coming along nicely.

Turns out that making a match 3 game in AGS that plays anything like the one in the real HuniePop is hard as hell. Man, it just kept breaking on me, over and over. I have the game somewhat playable (with three characters done and a few more roughly in place), but that damn match 3 game just ate up all my time. :sad:

How many MAGS did I start this year without finishing any of them? Kind of depressing. :undecided: Oh well, at least I got far enough in this build to have screenshots from the beta build to show.

One of these days, MAGS, I'll finish one of these games. I just know it.

Good luck to everybody else! I can't wait to see who makes it across the finish line. :smiley:

* For the newer AGSers, Barn Runner was a series that started way back in 2003 and used to have regular installments. It was somewhat well-received here, as I recall. Sadly, the last two games in the series are long, long overdue (though still in development, I promise). :cool:

** Dave Gilbert, call me! This is the chance of a lifetime! :=

CaptainD

I had a bizarre urge to try to get my game published before midnight... not quite managed it, but as I hear fireworks outside, I've managed to get it onto GameJolt.

http://gamejolt.com/games/space-tunneler/117114

Thanks to Kastchey for the amazingly awesome title screen! Also thanks to Mandle for helping test the game.

Mandle

Congrats to both finished entries so far:

OMG Ponch!!! HunieCop!!! I'm totally spamming the link to Markiplier until he plays it... (laugh)

(And oh my God: that cursor!!!)

EDIT: Aw shit...it looks like I just assumed Ponch's post had a download link in it somewhere instead of there actually being one...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk