Freak Chic [MAGS]

Started by Marion, Tue 01/12/2015 17:26:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Marion

Humor / horror point & click game, made in one month for the MAGS (november 2015).
Play as Victor, a difformed servant who will have to search for various ingredients for a potion, asked by his beloved Cybele the priestess. He will have to face the monsters around to collect them, and maybe earn the love of the woman he devoted his life to...

Available in English and French.

DOWNLOAD

Eggie

I'm having trouble finding all the stuff I need to eave the first room and it's bumming me out because everything in the trailer looks SO GOOD!

Kumpel

Spoiler
pendulum hanging left, map hidden in the books, flask and dissection kit on the shelf
[close]

But what to do with the
Spoiler
Ogre house? I got every item in the other rooms/places but I have no idea what to do in there to continue. Does it have to do with the tea pot? He says "No need now" when i try to put the herbs or swamp water in...
[close]

Kitai

Quote from: Kumpel on Wed 02/12/2015 20:24:48
But what to do with the
Spoiler
Ogre house? I got every item in the other rooms/places but I have no idea what to do in there to continue. Does it have to do with the tea pot? He says "No need now" when i try to put the herbs or swamp water in...
[close]
Spoiler
Have you tried to simply click on the tea pot, without any item?
[close]

Kumpel

Spoiler
Yeah. He says soemthing about "Ahead Teatime" (roll)
[close]

Marion

Spoiler
Try to speak to the Ogre first, and show him something you have with you
[close]
;)

Kumpel

I guess I must have missed something. That
Spoiler
dandy ogre won't take anything or say anything useful (No Idea what "paracelse himself" means but i think it is a fancy way to say "i advise you to shut your mouth!) and only comments on the pendulum if I give him my items (empty jar, empty & water flask, pendulum, kit, herbs, femur, berries, shovel, map, note).
[close]

please enlighten me. 8-0

Kitai

Hm it's weird... So you
Spoiler
showed him the manuscript that Cybele handed you and nothing special happened? (I assume the manuscript is how I call what you call "note")
[close]

Kumpel

Ah! Now I got it.
Spoiler
I was sure you can't use the manuscript(note) with something. :=
[close]

Thanks for the help! Very nice game! The humor has been great in this one.

Atavismus

Some Infos:
Not sure ppl mind or noticed it, but we made efforts to make Freak Chic not linear.
You can play rooms in any order and you don't need to solve puzzle from another room to solve a room (items you need from others rooms are directly accessible).

Mandle

I just finished playing the game and it was AWESOME!!!

A very nice mix of puzzles....something for everyone...

Charming characters and funny situations add to the fun...A bit more polish on the english translation is needed to fully understand the story, but given the time limit the translation is very good...

Well done to the whole team!

Atavismus

Thx a lot Mandle! We put a lot of work in it.
Yeah, we missed a native speaker re-reading.
What did you not fully understand?

Mandle

Quote from: Atavismus on Thu 03/12/2015 15:23:18
Thx a lot Mandle! We put a lot of work in it.
Yeah, we missed a native speaker re-reading.
What did you not fully understand?

I think I might have used the wrong phrase: It wasn't actually so much that I didn't understand the overall story.

It was more here-and-there stuff. A lot were probably jokes in french that didn't translate directly into english very well and ended up just confusing. Also the fact that the translator had to translate AND attempt to rhyme the translation at times probably is also a cause of issues. Don't get me wrong: Given the time constraints I think the translator did an amazing job!

There was one thing in the game that might have been a translation issue (or intentional misdirection?):

SPOILER WARNING:
Spoiler
The game seems to instruct you to turn ON all the lights in the werewolf's puzzle when you actually have to turn them all OFF. At this point I just assumed the game was broken, as MAGS games often are, and gave up. You might want to include a "hint" to let players know this is intentional. For example: When the player DOES light up all the lights maybe have the character say "Hmmmmm...that's not it. Then what am I supposed to do?!" or something like that. It just seems slightly unfair as it stands and might lead to players giving up, assuming they have hit a game-breaking bug...
[close]

So yeah: Getting a native speaker to review the whole script is your next step

Kumpel

@Mandle: think of a normal (stone) button that locks when you push it. it should be darker now, than the not locked buttons because it is shadowed. So it is "on" when it is dark. That was my way of thinking though... (laugh)

MiteWiseacreLives!

Good going on this game, I like it. I'm stuck on what I think is my last task:
Spoiler
I've got bloody-alcohol what more does this vampire need, apparently its not worst enough  (laugh) STUCK
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Sun 06/12/2015 06:39:50
Spoiler
I've got bloody-alcohol what more does this vampire need, apparently its not worst enough  (laugh) STUCK
[close]

Hint:
Spoiler
What could you put in the alcohol to make a vampire sick?
[close]

[delete}

A lot of graphical quality as well as originality in this little adventure. Formidable!

MiteWiseacreLives!

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 06/12/2015 07:45:30
Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Sun 06/12/2015 06:39:50
Spoiler
[close]

Hint:
Spoiler
What could you put in the alcohol to make a vampire sick?
[close]
About this:
Spoiler
Am I supposed to capture the light from the window somehow? Can't find any garlic... can't use the bottle on the window... HELP
[close]

cat

About the stone button puzzle:
Spoiler
I can get all buttons on, but not off. Is there trick? Did I miss some in-game hint?
[close]

Besides that, nice game!

Kitai

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Sun 06/12/2015 16:36:15
About this:
Spoiler
Am I supposed to capture the light from the window somehow? Can't find any garlic... can't use the bottle on the window... HELP
[close]
Spoiler
Wild garlic often grows in humid areas.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: cat on Sun 06/12/2015 18:12:58
Spoiler
I can get all buttons on, but not off. Is there trick? Did I miss some in-game hint?
[close]

Besides that, nice game!

No hint...the logic is the same. I confess that it took me over an hour last night!

SHADOW

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Sun 06/12/2015 18:12:58
Spoiler
[close]

Besides that, nice game!

I confess that I looked it up. Maybe this will help:

http://www.logicgamesonline.com/lightsout/tutorial.html

Shadow1000

I don't want to comment too much while voting is underway but I do want to echo what other people have said:

- There is a great variety of puzzles in this game
- The art is very pleasing
- The most impressive part is how such a detailed game in terms of graphics and puzzles were put together relatively glitch-free in such a short period of time. Unusual for a MAGS entry.

Tres bien!

SHADOW

Marion

tsa

I really don't understand the lamp puzzle.
Spoiler
What do I do with the arrow that appears after I click on the lamp?
[close]

tsa

And...
Spoiler
I fought with the ogre and clicked on the painting during the fight, but what am I supposed to do then?
[close]

Edit: found it! Woot!

tsa

Can nobody help me with the lamp puzzle?

Quote from: tsa on Fri 15/01/2016 15:08:20
I really don't understand the lamp puzzle.
Spoiler
What do I do with the arrow that appears after I click on the lamp?
[close]

Creamy

Hello Tsa,

Spoiler
This mini-game is a QTE. You must press the keys that are displayed on the screen quickly.
[close]

panpil

Hello, first of all this is a great game. Thank you very much! I am playing it in french and I find that the script is really good.

But I am stuck : I have everything but the werewolf and the vampire stuff.

Regarding the werewolf I did manage to get the femur and to get him out of the cave. But what happens next?

Regarding the vampire I am still looking for the garlic... Perhaps I am missing a location?

Thank you!

Et en tout cas, bravo les gars!
panpil

Cassiebsg

Hey panpil.

Hints:
Spoiler

The garlic is in a humid location... sure you been there and just missed it. ;) I missed it too for a long time.

As for the werewolf, you need to pixel hunt a bit on the right side of the cave... Good luck. ;)
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

panpil

Great, thank you Cassiebsg. By the way, finding the garlic was not easy!   

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 31/01/2016 14:25:17
Hey panpil.

Hints:
Spoiler

The garlic is in a humid location... sure you been there and just missed it. ;) I missed it too for a long time.

As for the werewolf, you need to pixel hunt a bit on the right side of the cave... Good luck. ;)
[close]

donmartin

Nice game. Pleasant and funny. Thanks.

Just a small thought: The story including a werewolf, an ogre, a vampire and what not weren't you tempted to choose an ending more...lets say..erotic-commercial-hollywoodlike?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk