An Anxious Awakening

Started by reismahnic, Wed 02/12/2015 04:14:12

Previous topic - Next topic

reismahnic

Hello AGSers!
Over the last week I worked on a short game for a jam. Would love if you would check it out.
Story pitch: A woman is called into her boss' office with her job on the line.

Thanks a ton, and if you enjoy this feel free to check out the other two games I've made in AGS this year.
Also maybe check out my website, www.reismahnic.com

Here is the link to the game's page: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1987/

Mandle

Holy crap...Soooo many games being released and this one looks amazing as well...

But I must play all the MAGS games first...

But CONGRATZ on the release and I will be sure to check it out...

Shadow1000

Maybe this is the first puzzle but I can't find the download link:

Spoiler
I clicked the link in the post thinking that maybe it's on the website but I don't see it there either
[close]

Help!

???

SHADOW

reismahnic

Oh my goodness, I forgot to link to the game's page.
My apologies.
I'll edit above.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1987/

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 04/12/2015 18:52:09
Maybe this is the first puzzle but I can't find the download link:

Spoiler
I clicked the link in the post thinking that maybe it's on the website but I don't see it there either
[close]

Help!

???

SHADOW

Shadow1000

Stuck on second puzzle:

I click on the winsetup and I get an error: unable to launch 'BusinessDreamJamGame.exe

I can click the .exe file and it opens but not in fullscreen mode. I will guess that you can:

Spoiler
fiddle with the settings in the acssetup.cfg but I don't know which one forces a fullscreen
[close]

I hope the puzzles get easier!

SHADOW

Mandle

Ahhhhhh...It's because the author has renamed the game manually after compiling I believe. I've made the same mistake myself.

I think if you edit the .cfg file and change "BusinessDreamJamGame" to whatever the current game name is then it should work, but don't quote me on that...

reismahnic

Yes, my apologies, that is definitely what happened.
I've uploaded a new build in which that isn't the case, so feel free to download that.
Also make sure you are putting it into a separate folder (not playing straight out of the zip folder).
I'm glad that my puzzles have proven to be so tricky, I will continue to perfect my approach to design through confusing installations. :grin:

Quote from: Mandle on Fri 04/12/2015 22:47:45
Ahhhhhh...It's because the author has renamed the game manually after compiling I believe. I've made the same mistake myself.

I think if you edit the .cfg file and change "BusinessDreamJamGame" to whatever the current game name is then it should work, but don't quote me on that...

Shadow1000

Ok, I played the game successfully!

Spoiler
interestingly, it was more of a story and dialogues rather than being a typical puzzle-based game
[close]

It reminded me somewhat of Throw me in the River from  a few months ago.

Cheers

SHADOW

reismahnic

Thanks for playing, Shadow1000!
I'm glad you played both of my games, and found some stylistic similarities.
The same composer worked on both as well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk