Alpha blending option

Started by Radiant, Sat 05/12/2015 19:04:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

I just noticed that game properties has settings for "GUI alpha rendering style" and "Sprite alpha rendering style". I can't find them in the manual. Can someone tell me what this is for please?

Crimson Wizard

These two are explained in a "Tutorial"->"Setting up the game"->"Game options" topic (which is a rather unobvious place, to be honest).

* GUI alpha rendering style - determines which rendering method to use in 32-bit games when a GUI Control is drawn over GUI. The "Proper alpha belnding" choice is meant for full alpha blending support, other options exist for compatibility with older versions of AGS only.
* Sprite alpha rendering style - determines which rendering method to use in 32-bit games when an image is drawn over drawing surface. The "Proper alpha belnding" choice is meant for full alpha blending support, "Classic" style exists for compatibility with older versions of AGS only.

The first option was added somewhere between AGS 3.0 and 3.2.1, and second was added in 3.3.0.
For the new projects I recommend to keep them at "Proper alpha blending", the other options are left mostly to keep game looks when you are upgrading old projects.

Radiant

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk