Dualnames on TV

Started by Dualnames, Mon 14/12/2015 04:35:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

I was going to type out a big paragraph, but honestly watching that interview kind of makes me cringe a bit. I didn't realize i was such a nerv-wreck.
Anyhow, it features my home, game footage, and that's about it.

https://youtu.be/Cl-UOeCqiCc?t=16m30s

So I guess I've made it now, right?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Gurok

We need subtitles! Interview starts about here: https://youtu.be/Cl-UOeCqiCc?t=988
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

MiteWiseacreLives!

For those of us who know no greek... which segment are you featured in (I was hoping you were coding in those ancient hillside stone buildings, but  :-\ disappointment....)

Gurok to the rescue:
QuoteWe need subtitles! Interview starts about here: https://youtu.be/Cl-UOeCqiCc?t=988

Stupot

Is there plate-smashing?

selmiak

these mean people used 2 cams and cut to a closeup everytime you scratch your face :-D
yeah, subtitles would be really useful!

Ponch

So that's what you look like! :cheesy:

Personally, I've always pictured you looking like Telly Savalas in his beefiest, Greekiest prime.

You got your face on TV. Neat! I wish I knew what was being said. Also, I was shocked and saddened by the total lack of Barn Runner posters on your walls. :wink:

Congrats on getting your game on the news, Duals! :cool:

Wyz

I didn't know you were growing a beard. Good for you! I mean the TV performance, ok and also the beard.
Very lame they the cut to nerd-glasses-push a few times (wrong) but hey you were on national television so kudos! ;-D Looks like you did a good job.
And yes, someone please make subtitles! I wish I could understand it. :P
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Pinback

Dude, double awesome!

EDIT) Them nicotine stains - need to switch to a pipe homie ;)

EDIT, The Sequel) Props for getting Primordia in there. Very much props.

Dualnames

I had to. IT HAS CRISPIN. I ABSOLUTELY HAD TO.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Mandle

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 14/12/2015 04:35:20
watching that interview kind of makes me cringe a bit. I didn't realize i was such a nerv-wreck.

I was interviewed here in Japan on TV and ending up looking like a total spaz. BUT IT WAS THEIR FAULT!

Here's what they did to me:

We did the interview and it went great, my Japanese was fluent, my attitude was calm and collected, and I even made a joke or two that made the interviewer laugh.

AND THEN...OMG THE BASTARDS!!!

Then they said "Okay...let's do it one more time for real now..." and I was like "The camera wasn't running?" and they said "Naw, that was just the practice run."

So....same interview all over again except now I'm second-guessing everything I'm saying trying to remember what I said the first time, stumbling over words, trying to make the same jokes again except this time the interviewer doesn't laugh because he's already heard them so it just comes off awkward...

So yeah...a complete disaster...And I still want to ask them WHAT THE HELL THEY WERE THINKING?!

A "practice run" does not make an interview better...It does the opposite!

Grim

Next time: tune the freakin guitar, man!!! ;)

hehe I still remember that day we played guitars on Skype like a million years ago and my son, just a baby then, listened to you, you strange G(r)eek person ;)

Dualnames

i told them it was off-tune but they insisted. BASTARDS

LostTrainDude

This is awesome! 8-)

And also, I put the Ancient Greek I learned in high school to some use... I understood at least the word "demiourgos" (laugh) (I know it is really different from the "modern" one, of course)

Were\are you part of some kind of famous band as well? When they began showing those pictures I began to wonder.

"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

abstauber

I love how you did the "Hackerman" :D
Thanks for sharing!

Chicky

Dualy that was really cool! Props on the beard, I had no idea what you were saying but I presume is was 'I want a big fluffy beard like Chicky'. I liked the detuned guitar, I mostly listen to grungy and psychedelic stuff so you get an A* from me.

TV though, how is it now you're rubbing shoulders with the stars? Is the cocaine and hookers lifestyle all it's cracked up to be? :-D

LindaBelle

didn`t understand anything of the video.. How to turn on the subtitles?

Dualnames

I don't think there are captions. I could go translating it honest, but i cringe when i watch it.

MiteWiseacreLives!

When I stare into Duels' eyes, all becomes clear to me. The beard is the only subtitle you need...

m0ds

Well done! Fame in Greece is an old man walking around your house...? Cool stuff though. Oh, I found a subtitled version ;)

Spoiler

[close]

Dualnames

That's pretty accurate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk