I'M NOT HERE -=|| UPDATE Nº9 ||=- WALKING PROTOTYPE CHARACTERS FACE DESING

Started by Rocchinator, Thu 17/12/2015 18:34:37

Previous topic - Next topic

CrashPL

Really liking that clean pixel art style, very neat. :)
Also - time travel? Niiiice, that's more than enough to make me interested in the game! :D Best of luck with the project!

Blondbraid

I rather like the beautiful golden gui/inventory menu, many games have great graphics but but extremely boring and even downright ugly menus. ;-D

Rocchinator

Thanks Blondbraid totally agree with you I think the game should be beautiful and interesting even in the small details.   ChrashPL thank you too for the commentary im an  architect so I love to be very careful and caring with my drawings. I fell in love with pixel art since my first adventure game That was Loom back in the 90s  and then totally interested in the plot of gabriel knight series . Thanks again for the positive feedback.   

Rocchinator

UPDATE NUMBER 4

NEW GRAPHICS!

A few weeks ago i was thinking that the art style of the game didn't capture the atmosphere I wanted. So I decided to make a Rework of them and i think i found the style of art i wanted, of course it took me more time but i think im glad with the result. I change the resolution from 320x200 to 320x 240 and changed the plataformer style for a more 3D ambient. Here are some pick hope you guys like it.

[imgzoom]http://i68.tinypic.com/zm1rb6.png[/imgzoom]

Danvzare

Wow, that's a beautiful improvement!

Just seeing that new screenshot, makes me want to play the game.

Khris

This looks awesome, but please post screenshots in their original resolution and put them in an [imgzoom] tag so we can actually properly appreciate them.

Blondbraid

I agree with Danvzare, huge improvement and it gives a better sense of room in the surroundings with the shift in perspective. I like the changes to the character as well, all in all the new screenshot looks great, looks a lot like the old classics!

Cassiebsg

The new art style looks awesome! Wish I could draw like that!. (nod)
Also, what Khris said. Use imgzoom! ;)

Any particular reason why you went from wide screen to 4:3 ration? Seems like the opposite of what people are doing (including me) ;).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Rocchinator

Thanks all for the nice comments I'm happy with this new art. I have a little bit of problem when uploading the pictures, maybe is the page im uploading it with they look blurry when i upload it in 320x240. If someone could give a little help I'll be glad.

Kumpel

try imgur.com if you are not satisfied with tinypic. The second picture has a size of 1120x1500!? Just upload it in original size and use imgzoom :)

And of course  I love your artistic improvements too! This wood scene is pretty amazing!

Rocchinator

Quote from: Kumpel on Thu 18/02/2016 23:08:55
try imgur.com if you are not satisfied with tinypic. The second picture has a size of 1120x1500!? Just upload it in original size and use imgzoom :)

And of course  I love your artistic improvements too! This wood scene is pretty amazing!
Thanks man! The resolution its actually 320x240 .   But I took a screenshot from it That its why is so big. The problem was when I upload the image in the original size I Put image zoom but you cant see the detail it becomes blurry. They are * .png* should I upload it in *.bmp* .  ?. Excuse my english.

Gurok

It might be your browser, Rocchinator. Do other threads with zoomable images exhibit this problem for you? There are rules in place for most browsers to ensure .png and .gif files are rendered with crisp edges when zoomed. You might want to try Mozilla Firefox (which I know works, at least on Windows) or perhaps list your browser and OS combination in the website bugs thread. Note: Depending on your configuration, it might just not be possible to support your browser. The CSS directives used to control scaling are experimental/candidates.

FWIW, I tried constructing a zoomable version from the larger version, but automated resizing was hopelessly off as the pixel size varies.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Rocchinator

Quote from: Gurok on Fri 19/02/2016 02:52:21
It might be your browser, Rocchinator. Do other threads with zoomable images exhibit this problem for you? There are rules in place for most browsers to ensure .png and .gif files are rendered with crisp edges when zoomed. You might want to try Mozilla Firefox (which I know works, at least on Windows) or perhaps list your browser and OS combination in the website bugs thread. Note: Depending on your configuration, it might just not be possible to support your browser. The CSS directives used to control scaling are experimental/candidates.

FWIW, I tried constructing a zoomable version from the larger version, but automated resizing was hopelessly off as the pixel size varies.
Thanks Gurok I will try That. next week I will upload New pics of the game  and I will try Firefox.  Thanks again.[emoji1] [emoji1]

Cassiebsg

The second picture does not look blurry to me, just huge.
The first picture IS blurry. It looks like you (or something) scaled the picture down using anti-alias.

Rocchinator

Yes i uploaded the second one taking a screenshot directly from photoshop in 200% some but i have to recreate the image from AGS that is why the character has shadow in the second one XD. About that, someone knows how to put shadow to the characters? something like I did in second picture.

Danvzare

Can't you just run the game at its native resolution in window mode, and take a screenshot then (press ALT + PrtScrn). It'd probably save you the hassle of recreating a screenshot.

Rocchinator

Oh man I totally forget that command so silly of me. Thanks Pal!

Rocchinator

UPLOAD Nº5

WORKING IN NEW BACKGROUND REWORKED DOCTOR DANTES LAB + Dog XD

Background: 75% progress

[imgzoom]http://i63.tinypic.com/jqi2dl.png[/imgzoom]

Cassiebsg

Creamy

Yes, it's more realistic than before, while retaining the soft colors (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk