AGS Awards 2015: SOON

Started by , Fri 25/12/2015 09:57:49

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 06/04/2016 14:03:02
You need a date for the ceremony, babe?

So let's see... your avatar is a bird, Cat's is a ... well... a cat.  There's only one way this is going to end...

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 06/04/2016 14:38:02

So let's see... your avatar is a bird, Cat's is a ... well... a cat.  There's only one way this is going to end...

Don't worry...

My bird-ass is already hanging out in the seedy back-alley next to the the AGS awards theatre selling illegal backstage passes:

Get 'em while they're hot!!!

m0ds

Sometime between now and end of the month for the ceremony. Not too sure when yet but will try and create a week's notice or 2. Right now I'm not so sure the exact date, the client isn't properly tested yet and I've just bought a new pc so am getting used to it (and just playing games and ignoring ppl for a fortnight ;) ) but definitely want to ceremonize by the end of April @ the latest.

Cassiebsg

That would be great! I have the last week off from work, that would mean I could just sit here all night long! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

I'm standing right over here!

Don't be shy, sparkle-eyes!

How could I resist such an invitation? See you at the theatre ;)

Mandle

Quote from: cat on Thu 07/04/2016 13:29:05

I'm standing right over here!

Don't be shy, sparkle-eyes!

How could I resist such an invitation? See you at the theatre ;)

Yay! :-D

m0ds

Right we'll get this done on Sunday 1st May. sorry it wasn't this weekend. In order of likeliness:

1. A forum thread with the results
2. An IRC chat
3. Ceremony client

Yes, ceremony client is the least likely to happen, because if you remember, the awards team that created it stepped down. I only partially understand the setup of it at the moment. So it needs a new team in place, ready and willing to make it work for a particular year, which I think takes a little more than a couple of weeks notice, as it has done in the past. That isn't really the case this year, I'm "kind of" happy to try it, Jack Lucy is "kind of" about to deal with it, but these aren't enough really.

And it is pretty much the reason the awards have been delayed and delays are annoying for me and others I guess, so better to find a quicker route so that the awards can be dished out sooner rather than 2018. Winning awards is probably more important than how they are presented and there are plenty of ways to do that, the ceremony app is just quite an extravogant one. I know the ceremony is good fun, but thats cos it's had a dedicated team behind it with plenty of time to create it and make it work year in year out for the past 3. It doesn't have that this year, so please don't expect it next Sunday. But if there is still something possible with it, that's why it's still on the list... Other than that, looking forward to announcing the winners asap!

Chicky

Going to try my hardest to make the ceremony, life has been particularly manic this year!

Really chuffed Bitstream got shortlisted, let alone in so many categories! Did not expect that, big thanks to those that voted :)

Mandle

Bit of a shame if the live ceremony can't be done, but yeah: Better to not have it at all than attempt it and the fun is spoiled anyway due to technical glitches. If you do try to wing it then maybe have a room ready to go in normal IRC in case the client fatally crashes? Then everyone can just bail there and continue on...

Either way, thanks for the effort in organizing the awards!

paolo

Quote from: Mods on Sun 24/04/2016 14:15:32
Right we'll get this done on Sunday 1st May.

Just to say THANK YOU Mods for taking this on. We all appreciate that you're making it happen.

selmiak

Ponch

This Sunday? Gadzooks! I've gotta get my tuxedo to the dry cleaners! :shocked:

Stupot

m0ds

8pm GMT.

Slim chance it will be moved back a week, so that it can definitely be run through the client. Watch this space

m0ds

Ok yeah gonna move it to next Sunday, so we can have the client running it, and I can actually be prepared and ready to do it (I'm not this weekend lol). Sorry to put it off, the app stuff has been quite last minute, but at least this way it can follow on from recent previous tradition rather than revert back to IRC. Info on download and stuff in the week!

Ponch

Don't think for a moment that I'm taking my tux off. I'm sleeping in this baby until next Sunday. :cool:

cat

Ponch

That finger puppet needs a tiny bow tie, Cat. :cheesy:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk