Stupot

Voting has finished and the results are as follows:

• Luther in the Hood by Jwalt - 1 vote
• Your Grace by Retro Wolf - 1 vote
• The Dark Plague by CatPunter and Gurok - 1 vote
• Oh du lieber Augustin by Cat and Creamy - 2 votes
• The Farm by Funkpanzer - 5 votes
• Among Thorns by Matt Frith - 8 votes

Well done Matt. You will be contacted soon about choosing a topic for March.
Thanks to all the participants and voters.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic: Black Death
This month's guidelines were set by La Tasse Bleue

The competition has now ended and voting is underway. (Ends February 15th)

Luther in the Hood by jwalt
Your Grace by Retro Wolf
The Dark Plague by CatPunter and Gurok
Oh du lieber Augustin by Cat and Creamy
Among Thorns by Matt Frith
The Farm by Funkpanzer

Click on the game title to download.

Voting

CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR VOTE
Send the title of your favourite game under the subject MAGS JANUARY

Remember:
* try all the games before you vote
* vote only once
* vote for your favourite

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The game has to be about Black Death. You could go for horror or historical (medieval for example) or what ever you like (why not contemporary or even a futuristic plague?!).
There is no other restriction.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

Ended: January 31st

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is MAGS?

Started in 2001, MAGS is a competition for amateur adventure game makers. The idea is to create a game in under a month, following the rules set by the previous winner. It aims to help you work to a deadline, improve your skills, and provide a kick-start into making adventure games. Regardless of skill, MAGS is for everyone. Voting is based on "favorite" games, and not the most artistic, or the best coded. If you have bad art skills, use it as a chance to do some graphic work. If you're sub-standard at coding, use it as a chance to give scripting a go. Ultimately, people will vote for the most enjoyable entry.

Rules

• You may work in a team to produce an entry.
• You are not allowed to use any material created before the competition. Your game must be completely new! An exception is music and sound; you can use any audio that is freely available to the public.
• Any modules and templates featured in this board are also allowed.

Entering MAGS is simple. First, conceptualise your game following the month's criteria (see top). Second, create your game fueled only by coffee. Finally, post your game in this thread, including:

âÅ"“ A working download link
âÅ"“ The title of your game
âÅ"“ A suitable in-game screenshot

At the end of the month, voting will begin, usually lasting for fifteen days. The winner chooses the next month's theme, and their name and game is immortalised in the MAGS Archive. For more information, please visit the Official MAGS website.

Mandle

Oooooohhhhhhh...An AGS-made Plague Inc. clone would be sweeeeeeet!!!

Peder 🚀

Sweet theme, if I weren't so wrecked from last months MAGS I would've considered joining this one too :P

Monsieur OUXX

I picture a game with a stereotypical Black man from the 70's (large pants and huge afro hair) holding a shotgun and dispensing justice as Black Death.

shaun9991

Cool theme idea! Would love to make something but likely won't have time :(
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

CaptainD

I'm not sure I can manage competing two months in a row... but we'll see.

DBoyWheeler

Alas... how I wish I had time to do these competitions anymore.  Or the attention span, for that matter.

Still, this is kind of an interesting theme.  I wonder what a futuristic version of the Black Death might be like.  Maybe something like Resident Evil in point-n-click adventure form?  I mean, I'm asking you.

Anyway, I wish the best of luck to all who participate.

jwalt

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 04/01/2016 10:28:10
I picture a game with a stereotypical Black man from the 70's (large pants and huge afro hair) holding a shotgun and dispensing justice as Black Death.

Spoiler
[close]

Retro Wolf

Glad to see you back in action jwalt! ;)

Babar

Quote from: jwalt on Tue 05/01/2016 01:36:17
Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 04/01/2016 10:28:10

Spoiler
[close]
I very much hope you are participating. WITH THAT.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

jwalt

I did that image because, when I first looked at the topic, I visualized an image similar to what Mister Ouxx saw. I can ususally get my models to look like what they're supposed to be, but I often fail miserably when I try to animate them. I make no promises, but did do some rigging, today:

Spoiler

[close]

Thanks for the encouragement!

Mandle

Hahaha! Amazing stuff jwalt!

But I think he needs a giant gold medallion on a heavy gold chain, and a bit of chest hair showing.

THEN it's the '70's!

Hmmmmm...maybe an Afro-pick in his hair too...

MiteWiseacreLives!

jwalt, you have to make this game. I wanna play.

Mandle

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Wed 06/01/2016 03:59:46
jwalt, you have to make this game. I wanna play.

+1

(Oh, and if your budget allows: You need to get Samuel L. Jackson to do the voice acting :P )

jwalt

Decided a game about death needed the death figure:

Spoiler

I have a "story," but after overnight reflection, it seems hopelessly lame. I also gave up on something involving a gal in a skirt several months ago. I foresee the same issue with death's robe. To understand the problem, think of those Carol Burnett skits, with the gals in those southern hoop skirts, and what happens when they sit down and the back of the skirt runs into the floor. I'll work on it, but don't hold your breath.

[close]

CatPunter

This looks like it's going to be a good month.

Gurok and I are entering again too...except I'm the programmer and he's the artist! Prepare for a hilariously broken game, though I have to admit, Gurok is doing a bang up job on the sprites so far.

Art Director and Lead Artist for "Kate and Shelly Stick Together"

Funkpanzer

I'm in with a depressing period piece.

I've been working on this all week and can safely say that after showing the first few scenes to a few people that it's appropriately soul crushing.

selmiak

The black death is sure your new black cellphone. You watch it and type on it and skipt to the next song while walking down the streets and cars run you over. would be a fun reaction game or so...

Myinah

I'm tentatively saying Sox and I will be throwing a Dropped Monocle game in the mix, with bonus team member Problem, coming aboard. I'm pretty busy with Thimbleweed Park dialogs, but I loved the theme so Sox has managed to entice me to write a little something.

Hopefully we can get it finished in time. Expect something a bit darker, and more futuristic from Dropped Monocle.

Mandle

Wow...the entries just exploded! This is looking to be an incredible MAGS!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk