U-ROPA (MAGS December 2015)

Started by Peder 🚀, Sat 02/01/2016 12:51:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder 🚀

U-ROPA

"You are a young technician working in an undersea vehicle extracting minerals.
It's your first day, but a serious accident happens.
You are trapped.
Will you survive? Will you escape?
Be quick, chose wisely, time is running out...
"

Team:
Atavismus: Story
Hobo: Gfx
Jonas Thiem: Music
Peder Johnsen: Code

French translation should come soonish... (until when is it accepted?)

[RAR] / [ZIP]

Kumpel

Great background and sprites! Also a really cool atmosphere so far in here. That bot has some weird personality.
I am stuck now though
Spoiler
The Database Request inside the bot is pretty complex to understand. I tried Aluminium/pipe/ + Cleanser/Sodium Hydroxide/Sodium. No idea what keywords the database needs to work ^^
[close]

AprilSkies

Congratz on releasing the game Peder!!! (nod)
downloading

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Peder 🚀

Thanks guys!

Quote from: Kumpel on Sat 02/01/2016 13:30:20
Spoiler
The Database Request inside the bot is pretty complex to understand. I tried Aluminium/pipe/ + Cleanser/Sodium Hydroxide/Sodium. No idea what keywords the database needs to work ^^
[close]

Spoiler
hmm if you've tried all those with eachother you should've got it by now.. maybe we did a mistake and required sodium to be first..
Spoiler
try: sodium hydroxide + aluminium
[close]
[close]

CaptainD

None

I just finished it, you guys should be horse-whipped for making me brute-force that locker combination.
I ran into a glitch once, where I wasn't able to exit from the 'what course of action should I take' segment no matter what choice I picked to do, and I had to start over, otherwise it was really good.

Atavismus

Thx guyz!

Quote from: Charles on Sat 02/01/2016 21:46:40
I just finished it, you guys should be horse-whipped for making me brute-force that locker combination.
Congratz :D
Be sure there is another way, listen to me.
Mind, there are three slightly different ends.
;)

Quote from: Charles on Sat 02/01/2016 21:46:40
I ran into a glitch once, where I wasn't able to exit from the 'what course of action should I take' segment no matter what choice I picked to do, and I had to start over
Darn, we'll have to check this. I wonder if it's because you was dying? I mean, one gauge depleted?

KodiakBehr

Ooooh!  I'm excited to try this.

selmiak

I found the ventilation password in the
Spoiler
second email
[close]
but it doesn't work. neither in uppercase or lowercase. Do I have to enter a username too? Or is there a twist to it?

Cassiebsg

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 04/01/2016 15:13:16
I found the ventilation password in the
Spoiler
second email
[close]
but it doesn't work. neither in uppercase or lowercase. Do I have to enter a username too? Or is there a twist to it?

I haven't finished it yet, nor solved that one yet but...
Spoiler

I have a feeling that the guy changed it, as he's been told to. I'm going to try next his son's name, his wife's name and his tech number... If these don't work, I'm as clueless as you. (laugh) But the fun part is finding out! ;)
[close]
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

yes of course, if there is a twist to it just tell me and put the solution in a spoiler, it's just that with mags games it might be that the creators want me to input the correct word in some kind of unintuitive capitalisation or not ;)

Kumpel

@selmiak
Spoiler
Just use the sons name as the password.
[close]

another problem on my end...
Spoiler
Yeah the order of input was relevant. But I have no idea how to use the obtained information now. The bot doesn't do anything but starting it's interface and I have nothing in my bot inventory either. Another hint please to prevent another dozen of electricution deaths! :)
[close]

Cassiebsg

Have the same problem as Kumpel. :-\ There's sure a lot of death in this one... :P

Also spotted a bug, not a big deal though.
Spoiler

After the bot picks up the jerrycan, you can still click on the hotspot and get the description for the jerrycan.

Don't know if this is a bug, but have no idea where what the bot did with the jerrycan or how to use it, as it doesn't show on the inventory... :-\

[close]

EDIT: Never mind the above, just solved it... more or less by accident...
Hint to those stuck with the bot:
Spoiler

You can't see the inventory or interact with the stuff, the bot will "solve" the problem alone as long as you can find what he needs... (roll)
[close]

Oh darn, it ended! :~(
Wish there was more, even if it was starting to get on my nerves... (laugh)
Oh, you might put a warning somewhere that you need to play the game with sound on! I had turned it off cause the alarm was killing my sanity... :P

Peder 🚀

I was writing hints but then noticed you figured it out :).

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 04/01/2016 18:56:20
Also spotted a bug, not a big deal though.
Spoiler

After the bot picks up the jerrycan, you can still click on the hotspot and get the description for the jerrycan.

Don't know if this is a bug, but have no idea where what the bot did with the jerrycan or how to use it, as it doesn't show on the inventory... :-\

[close]

Thanks, this sounds like a bug indeed :)

AprilSkies

Peder... 
Spoiler
I've a problem: I'm stuck in the "choice-menu"... No matter what option I choose... the game doesn't go on...
[close]

www.apemarina.altervista.org

Shadow1000

I'm at the point where
Spoiler
Siegfried is on the floor. The bot gets the shavings from the pipe and the cleanser from siegfried
[close]

I have no idea what to do. All I know is that the player will die within a few seconds if I don't do the right thing

Spoiler
I also have no idea what the code is to the padlock
[close]

SHADOW

Atavismus

April Skies

Spoiler

Sorry, nothing to do, it's a bug.
I guess you are dead while that choice gui was on screen.
[close]

Shadow1000:

Spoiler

You need a container.
[close]

Spoiler

Padlock code is nowhere but in your ear.
[close]

HF! ;)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Atavismus on Tue 05/01/2016 08:41:12

Spoiler

You need a container.
[close]

Ok where do I find one? I would keep pixel hunting but the 5 second window before insta-death makes it impossible to even try to play.

Spoiler

Padlock code is nowhere but in your ear.
[close]

Spoiler
Similarly, I don't know how to extract the code from my ear. There's really no way to even try because of the insta-death
[close]

Thank you

SHADOW

Cassiebsg

Shadow, in that case try a) start from a previous save game, if you have one or b) start fresh. Shouldn't take you long to reach where you are and it'll save you time.

Hint for the padlock:
Spoiler

In order to extract it from your ear, you need to either increase the sound volume, or use some headphones... ;)

And if you are deaf (which I don't think the team predicted) then you're screwed... or read the solution next:
Spoiler

836 (if memory serves me right)
[close]
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 05/01/2016 16:33:44
Shadow, in that case try a) start from a previous save game, if you have one or b) start fresh. Shouldn't take you long to reach where you are and it'll save you time.

Hint for the padlock:
Spoiler

In order to extract it from your ear, you need to either increase the sound volume, or use some headphones... ;)

And if you are deaf (which I don't think the team predicted) then you're screwed... or read the solution next:
Spoiler

836 (if memory serves me right)
[close]
[close]
Thank you! I was able to finish the game with your help.

Once I finished it I went back to that puzzle and THEN realized what the hint means. A bit subtle but clever!

SHADOW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk