U-ROPA (MAGS December 2015)

Started by Peder 🚀, Sat 02/01/2016 12:51:47

Previous topic - Next topic

diedericky

Quote from: Atavismus on Tue 26/01/2016 08:46:35
Thx guyz for the kind comments. :)
Some stuffs will be fixed and the game translated in french.

Quote from: diedericky on Tue 26/01/2016 08:28:41
Doing a playthrough on YouTube but i'm stuck. Youtube.com/diedericky but i'm stuck. Put the box down but cant reach the alarm..
Cool Diedericky, thx:
Spoiler
You have to reproduce an obvious shape to open the door.
[close]
More
Spoiler
You can see it in the room.
[close]
More
Spoiler
Mind: the story takes place in a totalitarian society.
[close]
Man im probably an idiot . trying your suggestion on the door but iets nit opening..

Atavismus

Quote from: diedericky on Tue 26/01/2016 09:19:24
Man im probably an idiot . trying your suggestion on the door but iets nit opening..

Nah, don't worry ;)

Spoiler

[close]

HF!

Blondbraid

I just finished the game, and I must say that I rather liked it's story and atmosphere. Gotta agree with the previous comments that the instant deaths and the locker code puzzle was a bit unintuitive though.
Has 1984 been a source of inspiration for this game? :)

Atavismus

Quote from: Blondbraid on Tue 26/01/2016 22:00:46
I just finished the game, and I must say that I rather liked it's story and atmosphere. Gotta agree with the previous comments that the instant deaths and the locker code puzzle was a bit unintuitive though.
Has 1984 been a source of inspiration for this game? :)
Thx Blondbraid. :)

About instant death, imo, it's not a problem, as we added autosave/autoload (but maybe I'm wrong hehe).

About the locker code: yeah, sorry, we had no time to find a good way to give a proper clue.

About 1984: it's the must in the dystopia genre (and there is at least one direct reference* to it).
Still, U-ROPA is more an uchronia.
Spoiler
refering to WWII
[close]

Anyway, thx to all players for their comments, really appreciated and important to us! :)
It makes us want to keep doing indiegames. ;)

*There is another reference based on a must SF novels.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Atavismus on Wed 27/01/2016 02:06:22
Thx Blondbraid. :)

About 1984: it's the must in the dystopia genre (and there is at least one direct reference* to it).
Still, U-ROPA is more an uchronia.
Spoiler
refering to WWII
[close]

*There is another reference based on a must SF novels.
Yes, I saw the quote on the plaque on the wall! The game did a great job of creating a totalitarian atmosphere as well as making me curious about the outside world, and I was hoping that the protagonist would make it out safely by the end of the game. Rooting for an indoctrinated servant of a dictatorship is a rare thing in games. You say that the story is inspired by historical events, and it really shows (Especially with the names!). If there ever is a sequel, I'll be sure to play it! ;-D

Atavismus

Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 27/01/2016 16:31:00
The game did a great job of creating a totalitarian atmosphere as well as making me curious about the outside world
I'm really glad to read this, coz that was the point.
It could sounds like an evidence, still, imo, games need to tell a story and create an atmosphere, especially point'n'click.

MAGS (and jams in general) are a great way to learn, experiment, train for bigger games. ;)

Thx for playing, thx for giving feedbacks, thx for the support! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk