I need some help translating a czech review of my game...

Started by KANDYMAN-IAC, Tue 08/04/2003 14:02:22

Previous topic - Next topic

KANDYMAN-IAC

http://plnehry.cz/iso/adventure/littlejonnyevil.html

i was doing a cursorary check to see if anyone was playing little jonny evil. Purely by checking for new reviews on the web. And I was a little surprised to see a rather indepth review on a czech website.

But i can't understand dip...can someone translate for me??

Puhlease

"Don't lose the bluecups they may be our only hope....!!1!!!1"

"I'm jealous of all of you guys, which means. I love your work, I just hate you as a person.... wait thats not right."

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

KANDY@home

does NOone  understand czech and english enough to translate for me...

jannar85

Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

KANDYMAN-IAC

OK jannar I've tried... i couldn't find a translator that would directly translate the WHOLE document... which left me desperately trying to translate one word at a time.... sufficit to say all I got was a grabled mess...

IF ANYONE is able to help me... if they have a czech friend that knows a little english or... if they are czech and they don't think they are good enough at english to translate,  I don't care... I need and want your help....

PUHLEASE PLEASE
"Don't lose the bluecups they may be our only hope....!!1!!!1"

"I'm jealous of all of you guys, which means. I love your work, I just hate you as a person.... wait thats not right."

Kandy@home

How come my call for help is being ignored??  :'(

Quickstrike

Because we all can't speak czech or just hate you.  I'm just a bilingual guy, but neither langage is czech.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Diedo@home

Have you tried writing the guys whom the site belongs to? Perhaps they are fluent in English and more than willing to translate the article for you.

Mnemonic

Quote from: KANDYMAN-IAC on Tue 08/04/2003 14:02:22
But i can't understand dip...can someone translate for me??

OK, I translated the review for you. My english is far from perfect but I hope you'll understand most of it :)

Little Jonny Evil (no, it's not a misspelling, the main hero is really called Jonny) is a short adventure game which takes place on a single screen. It's one of the smallest games made with AGS. On the other hand, the difficulty reaches the top.

The reason why we publish Jonny on our server is it doesn't contain any serious flaws (except for its shortness). It has excellent graphics and sound, interesting puzzless and a story twisted enough to gain your interest among the other crazy free games with a brutal humour.

The main hero really is "little". He's a very young kid, hardly 10 years old. You probably expect me to say someting like "he's so cute you'd never tell he's able to do enything evil", but that's not true. The blood in his eyes and a refractory look on his face clearly show we've got a real bastard here.

Jonny does everything he can to cause the biggest havoc possible and to hurt as many people as possible. But this time he's gone too far - killing his own brother was too much and so his mother imprisoned him with all his stuff in a cellar and then she called a police to help. But she didn't realize he so creative he can find a way out of the locked cellar and to take his revenge (well, unfortunately the second part isn't depicted in the game, or should I say fortunatelly?).

Like I said, to get Jonny out of the prison is quite tricky, even though the number of items in one room is limited. It took me about an hour to solve the game, which is a pretty long time for such a small game. I won't give you a complete solution, just a small hint: the key is to assemble a bomb using the instuctions described in a certain book whch is laying around...

Little Jonny Evil contains extremely black humour. The main hero is so incredibly evil, it's kinda funny, and as a stylization it's certainly entertaining. Those few hundreds of klobytes are worth downloading even only for some of Jonny's comments. Again, I'd better not give out any examples, but it's pretty obvious the authors really took pains over the single room.

I already told you about prefect graphics so let's finish it. The cellar environment is very convincing, and although you might think it's monotonous, the authors filled it with various, even non interactive, but perectly drawn objects, which makes the cellar much more interesting. Also the animation can bravely compete with any other freeware game.

Add some cute sounds to all of it and you realize we've got here a freeware adventure game of the highest quality. It's a shame it's not a bit longer. On the other hand, if you like the style of many tough puzzles in a limited space, don't hesitate to download Johhy Evil.

jannar85

Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

remixor

Pretty positive review.  I also just downloaded your game, and I really enjoyed it.  The graphics were amazingly clean for that style, and the puzzles were good too.  Good job   ;D
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

KANDY@home

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH Mnemonic...
you just got moved on to my "special" friend list

And I'll send you an Autographed Little Jonny Evil CD when I complete the FULL game.

And let me tell you... there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your english.

If anyone wants the download link you can get it from here with out searching throught the czech site to get it. :D
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=24

earlwood

Really cool game, I like the ending.
The review gave too much away and I had the game beaten in 5 minutes.. :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk