Character With Left-Right Walking Animation Only?

Started by SilverSpook, Thu 07/01/2016 08:14:00

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Is it possible to have a character in AGS have only two walking loops -- left and right -- rather than left, right, up, down?

So for example, if the character moves up or down, they just play the left or right walking animation, depending on which way they were facing last?

Thanks.

Slasher

Hi,

I usually make two player views and change the view depending on which way the character is facing.

You will need to adjust the frames flip depending which way the player is facing in the loops.

This does work when you have it right.

Of course you will need to apply this for talking and idle if required.

That's if i understand you correctly.

Kumpel

Afaik you get that result if you just set up the left and right walk cycle and leave the rest blank but that means the character doesn't walk but levitates up or down. If you don't want that you could also set up the up-loop with left cycle and the down-loop with right cycle (or vice versa)nif the game uses a second movement axis.

vertigoaddict

Honestly (and it's probably not the best way, but it's the easiest for me) I just use the left and right walkcycle animation sprites for the left/right and up/down cycles.
I really only do it to avoid the "no sprite found" ctd errors and or that gliding problem kumpel pointed out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk