Bowie is Dead.

Started by Dualnames, Mon 11/01/2016 07:35:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

I am not gonna post any link but the wiki article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bowie

But to me, Bowie was more like a friend. I mean look at the name. I would listen to his music and say "yeah, if Bowie could hang out with me, we could be so hip". And now he's gone, and i never got the chance to see him live. Shame really. Without him i wouldn't have even heard of Velvet Underground.

A musical phenom, regardless of whether you like his stuff, or not.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Slasher

I remember Bowie as a fresh-faced kid who played in local pubs (Gravesend, Kent, UK) in the mid/late 60's.

I loved his singles but never really got into his albums.

In my heyday as a rock n roller we used to play some of his songs like The Jean Genie, suffragette city..

These used to go a right old storm..  So he must have been doing something right.

He may have seemed strange but i will always remember him as a high class act who wrote catchy tunes and who could act reasonably well.

RIP  David Robert Jones: aka David Bowie.......................

Retro Wolf

I used to steal his albums off my Dad's shelf! Was a big fan of his early stuff, it's a real shame...

It's sad how many of my heroes have died in the last five years or so, a part of growing up I guess.

Jack

God damnit.

He is a legend. No one could touch him. The sheer emotion in his music carries you off into all the weird galaxies he's visited. This planet needed him but didn't deserve him.

Too many good choices of what to share. Something in the past tense will be appropriate: David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

monkey424

Snarky

Stunning, terrible news, though I'm glad he got to see his last album released to great reviews. The man was a genius and seemingly a class act (at least after he got sober).

"We live for just these twenty years. Do we have to die for the fifty more?"

Mandle

I was very saddened by the news. A fellow teacher at my school actually phoned me during lessons to tell me...

I was so sad but then I thought:

He was always about reinventing himself, and this is his final reinvention: From living legend to eternal legend...

Rock In Peace...

Ghost

Labyrinth was when I first saw the man and heard his music. And to this day I am convinced that he truly is some sort of fantasy goblin ruler. He clearly wasn't entirely human.

CaptainD

He was totally awesome, and will be very much missed. :sad:

Jack

Interesting article looking at some of the imagery from his last album:

The Occult Universe of David Bowie and the Meaning of “Blackstar”

I've got to say. I love a lot of Bowie's music but I don't think there's ever been a bigger fruitcake than crowley. Now, does his music promote the same extreme narcissism as crowley is known for? I've never got that impression from it.

Was he an authentic weirdo, or too just looking for attention?

Andail

A bit late to this wake, just wanted to express how big Bowie was for me - definitely up there with Cohen, Dylan and Lennon as the foundation of my world of music.

JamesGoblin

Dead? Impossible, I heard him singing today.
Trivia: Warhammer Online is the best game ever made.

shaun9991

I'm a Bowie super fan. Bowie is my hero and has been an incredibly important influence in my life and my way of thinking. I'm still very sad about his passing. From the thrill of the new album on Friday to the realisation of his death on Monday morning, it was one hell of a rollercoaster.

His new album is fantastic.

He was even in Mudlarks!

Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Mandle

Quote from: shaun9991 on Tue 09/02/2016 16:05:17
He was even in Mudlarks!

One of my fave AGS games, but I do not remember a Bowie reference being in the game...

Was it in the music?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk