Author Topic: Abandoned AGS projects  (Read 1452 times)

Rincewind

• Jazz maverick.
Re: Abandoned AGS projects
« Reply #20 on: 31 Aug 2018, 09:57 »
Oh man, Haggis, I would've loved to play that Boosh game!

« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 01:20 »
About 10 years ago, me and Mats Berglinn were working together on a DOTT fansequel called A Tentacle Hero: Mats was to do the graphic side, and plot and puzzles were our collective work. Instead of Chron-O-Johns, it was to involve teleporters which look like phone booths; unfortunately I haven't been able to contact Mats since 2008, but I hope he doesn't mind me sharing this, and I really don't want it to go to waste, so... here is the script.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B_9iJ5Aauz0BaEac_OLRKiZcSbWpHOx3/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:44 by Cyrus »

Kumpel

• On the way to break new ground...
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    •  
    • I can help with animation
    •  
    • I can help with backgrounds
    •  
    • I can help with characters
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 19:13 »
@Cyrus: WOW! You wrote a walkthrough for a game you never even produced? I can't decide if this is kinda brillant or absolutely crazy! Soooo much work! All you have to do now is ...the rest. But nevertheless: WOW!

@All: Did some of you guys ever do this? Anyone? Hello? 8-0

« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 21:17 »
Well, the story "skeleton" was done by Mats, though there are some of my ideas regarding plot details and puzzles.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 21:34 by Cyrus »

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 23:14 »
@Cyrus: WOW! You wrote a walkthrough for a game you never even produced? I can't decide if this is kinda brillant or absolutely crazy! Soooo much work! All you have to do now is ...the rest. But nevertheless: WOW!

@All: Did some of you guys ever do this? Anyone? Hello? 8-0

I wrote a walkthrough for the game I'm working on right now, which is still far from being finished. It's way shorter than Cyrus' game though and I only wrote down the necessary actions. Nevertheless, it really helps to get things right, avoid logical mistakes and think about certain situations, plot elements, dialogs..

Haggis

• Cavefish
  • I've made a huge mistake
    • Haggis worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:03 »
Oh man, Haggis, I would've loved to play that Boosh game!

Thanks Rincewind, I think I still have some of the game assets somewhere, I'll try and dig them out... and Howard Moon will be the greatest Jazz player in Yorkshire once again.